US-SD-Sioux FallsYour Opportunity
Smithfield Foods of Sioux Falls, SD is seeking qualified trades people with previous Electrical training & experience to join our Maintenance team. Individuals with Electrical Electronics and/or Electrical experience will be given preference.
Qualified candidates should have a working knowledge of:
- Programmable logic/automation controllers, human-machine interfaces, hardware, and associated programming languages (Ladder Logic, FBD, SFC, Structured Text). Platforms include; Rockwell Automation, Siemens, GE, Horner, Opto22.
- Strong knowledge of AC induction motors, controls, sensors, pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical systems, start-up, and troubleshooting.
- Computer/device networking using standard protocols (Ethernet/IP, Devicenet, Modbus, Hart, DH+/485, ASCII)
- Knowledgeable in processes such as food processing/packaging, water treatment, refrigeration, and boiler control
Successful candidates will:
- Demonstrate strong safety leadership skills and follow safe work practices.
- Work as part of a team to plan and conduct equipment repairs.
- Conduct routine audits and equipment inspections.
- Maintain open and professional line of communication with operations.
- Respond to unplanned/emergency work requests in a timely & effective manner.
- Follow food safety and good manufacturing practices.
- Be highly motivated and able to work independently.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.Journeyman Electrical
- Journeyman Electrical License or completion of a 2 year degree in either; Robotics, PLC, instrumentation, electrical, electronics, or Megatronics program.
- Two years of industrial maintenance experience including comprehensive knowledge in three or more of the following areas:
- Mechanical systems
- Predictive/Predictive maintenance
- Maintenance Planning
- Site utilities
- System analysis & troubleshooting
- Pipefitting & welding
- Metal Fabrication
- Electricity & motor controls
- Controls & instrumentation
- PLC/software & hardware
- Pneumatics & Hydraulics
- Basic computer skills and the ability to work independently are also required for this position.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a certification or degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance and/or related college or technical level course work.
- This is a full time hourly position; all applicants should be willing to work all shifts (days/evenings/overnights), extended hours and weekends.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield#39;s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are dedicated to producing \"Good food. Responsibly.®\" and have made us one of the world#39;s leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan#39;s Famous®, among many others. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.