Summary: The Maintenance Journeyman Electrician conducts machine set up, troubleshoots, repairs and preventative maintenance service on processing equipment. Responsible for keeping the production lines and all related production support equipment running to its full potential with a minimum amount of downtime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities::
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory and the methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in the electrical trade for the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical apparatuses, equipment, and systems.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable state and federal codes and regulations pertaining to the electrical trade, including the National Electric Code and Electrical Safety Orders of the Division of Industrial Safety of the State of California.
- Ability to assemble, install, maintain, and repair electrical apparatuses; and to operate all applicable tools and equipment necessary to perform skilled electrical work.
- Perform daily inspection of equipment.
- Maintain spare parts inventory.
- Rebuild parts as needed.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair equipment related problems such as, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and electronic.
- Provide emergency unscheduled repairs of equipment as needed.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance.
- Keep records of repairs and develop or make necessary changes to planned maintenance schedule. Utilizing maintenance software program COGZ.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, insulation tester and other tools to complete repairs.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Works with management to ensure effective organizational design and that roles are correctly organized, defined, documented and communicated to all employees.
- Ensures effective safety procedures, tools and record keeping are managed through site leadership.
- Adheres to company GMPs (good manufacturing practices), safety procedures and all other quality processes.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, DEGREES, CREDENTIALS:
- Possession of a valid driver#39;s license or the ability to obtain by date of hire.
- State of California Electrician license is not required, but is a plus.
- Possession of Electrician Certification from Trade School, College, or International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW), is desirable.
Any combination of progressively responsible training and experience which demonstrates achievement of journey-level skills equivalent to that acquired through completion of a standard electrician#39;s apprenticeship program.
Knowledge and Skills:
Candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of
- A basic understanding of electronics, instrumentation, and programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) in an Industrial application
- Electrical, conduit; EMT & Ridge and fitting skills
- Mechanical, assembly and machining skills
- Must be able to utilize lock out/tag out for machinery
- Ability to read ladder logic drawing, electrical schematics, operating manuals, and repair manuals
- Highly motivated and able to work independently with minimal training
- High attention to detail, accuracy and precision
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving/logic/process of elimination skills
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices is beneficial. Outstanding verbal, written, and multi-tasking. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change. Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial, but not required.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Approximately; 100% of work may involve being in the agricultural or manufacturing environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Employer does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for limiting or excusing any applicants consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: