Electrical Maintenance Mechanic
$22.00 to $31.00 per hour depending on experience
* * * $2000.00 Sign On Bonus! * * *
Growing manufacturer 3 seeking 2nd Shift Maintenance Technician!
Are you looking for continued growth and development? The manufacturing industry is one of the strongest economic sectors of our economy to work in.
Growing manufacturer seeking a 2nd shift Maintenance Technician!! *Prior experience with production equipment repair is a PLUS!!! Join a successful and smart management team; looking for a Direct Hire Maintenance Technician. Great Pay, Pension Plan, Employee Reimbursement programs, and much more below:
Why Should You Apply?
- Benefits including medical, dental, 401K match & more
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Steady year around work
- Discount programs for fitness center memberships, smoking cessation etc.
Our Client is deeply rooted in the New England manufacturing industry. They promote from within, offer amazing growth potential, Fitness Reimbursement, an excellent benefits package and more. They are committed to excellence in all areas of production with the mission to deliver top quality products.
Summary of the Maintenance Technician
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications of the Maintenance Technician
- 3-5 years maintenance mechanic experience.
- Maintenance mechanic experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Maintenance mechanic experience in a food manufacturing environment is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance jargon, GMP, OSHA and Production needs
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be highly motivated and responsible, and work well within a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, challenging and consistently changing environment
- Ability to think independently, as well as consistently collaborate and communicate with supervisors.