ELECTRICAL INSTRUMENTS and CONTROLS TECHNICIAN--Hillside, NJ
AAK has been Making Better Happen for 150 years.
Visit us at aakfoodservice.com
Great opportunity to join our Production Team at our Hillside, NJ US Headquarters!
Everything we do is about Making Better Happen within the ever-expanding foodservice segment. AAK Foodservice is a global manufacturer with a regional focus, offering a broad portfolio ranging from sauces, dressings, mayonnaise and margarine to specialty fats and oils for a wide variety of cooking applications and food styles. Our complete foodservice portfolio uses only the finest ingredients and adheres to the highest quality standards, offering plant-based products and sustainable options.
AAK Foodservice is committed to your success. We have a collaborative, relationship-oriented team environment, that has a small company feel with opportunities to have an impact throughout the company and the world.
We are currently seeking to hire an Electrical Instruments and Controls Technician for our food manufacturing facility in Hillside, NJ.
The position performs complex technical work, on a journeyman level, in the installation, operation, maintenance, modification, service, and repair of electrical systems, equipment, fixtures, and related electro-mechanical systems in accordance with applicable Electrical Industry Codes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, temperature/ pressure and flow devices both field indicators and sending devices to PLCs.
- Ability to modify PLC logic for process changes and improvements.
- Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots electrical distribution and protection circuits up to 480VAC.
- Executes work in a safe and expedient manner according to the following priorities:
- Emergency corrective maintenance daily and call-ins
- Execution of capital and maintenance projects.
- Audit preventive/ predictive maintenance
- Routine corrective maintenance
- Provides practical solutions to operations problems.
- Inspecting & testing elements of electrical systems to locate and diagnose faults
- Performing required repairs through replacement of inoperative parts or re-wiring of circuits in accordance with industry codes
- Scopes, estimates and executes small capital / maintenance projects along with maintenance manager/ project director/ operations, etc.
- Responsible for analyzing test results for irregularities and documenting irregularities in maintenance log
- Trains other employees in light of their needs and company needs.
- Reduces the likelihood of an interruption of electrical power to critical operations by monitoring and repairing regulated power supplies to computer systems and equipment requiring constant voltage with minimal fluctuation
- Oversees the work by contractors as required on site to assure safe and quality performance
- Promotes preventative maintenance as a strategy in maintaining electronic test equipment and mechanical tools by keeping accurate records
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and repairs to manufacturing equipment as needed
- Minimum of 5 years electrical experience in a manufacturing environment
- Technical education in trades, project planning and management
- Ability to interpret wiring diagrams, blueprints, and electrical schematics
- Knowledge of and effective troubleshooting skills on mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems
- Proficient in reading schematics and using basic electrical measuring devices
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Strong problem solving and math skills
- 2 – 3 years in related experience in oil, chemical, pharmaceutical, food, or process manufacturing facility
- Computer literacy is required
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK Foodservice offers a competitive benefits package including major medical with dental, vision, pharmacy and other features and also includes our company matched 401k.
AAK Foodservice promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status and any class of discrimination under state and federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.
AAK Making Better Careers Happen