Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
- 90% Lead the development and implementation of a strong occupational health and safety management program to create an injury-free environment.
- Champion safety culture with zero accident mentality
- Actively co-manage with HR and managers the return to work program and associated workers compensation claims for work related injured temporary and full-time Aspire Bakeries employees
- Develop, integrate and manage written Safety programs, policies and procedures that comply with legal and Aspire Bakeries corporate policies and guidelines
- Develop a strong relationship and facilitate employee-led behavior-based safety process in a team based environment
- Food and Beverage experience strongly desired
- Lead Health, Safety & Environmental Train the Trainers
- Conduct regular safety audits, identify and evaluate hazards in the workplace and recommend solutions to minimize or eliminate risk. To include working indirectly in the manufacturing environment with 30-50% of time dedicated to "floor time" in the facility
- Research federal, state and local regulations to define existing and upcoming legal obligations and requirements of associated programs and policies
- Proactively identifying opportunities for improvement in all areas of safety 10% Lead accident investigations and maintain all OSHA reporting
- Support all accident and near miss investigations to uncover root cause and track completion of corrective actions
- Track, analyze and report safety performance result
- Follow through with respective department managers and employees on all safety-related suggestions and feedback
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Bachelor s Degree in Safety or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years comprehensive safety experience with an extensive background in manufacturing environment.
- Use a computer more than 25% of total work time.
- M.S. in Occupational Safety preferred.
Aspire Bakeries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.