ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery, Otis Spunkmeyer, and Oakrun Farm Bakery. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
The EHSS Manager is responsible for championing all aspects of Environmental Health and Safety at the Brantford Bakery.
The EHSS Manager is responsible for the review, development, implementation and monitoring of all Health and Safety programs, to ensure the safety of staff, students, visitors and contractors, in line with current Health and Safety and associated legislation, and preparing and enforcing policies to establish a culture of health and safety in the workplace.
- Promote occupational health and safety within the organization and develop a safe work environment
- Participate in and promotes green champion initiative
- Managers and oversees all aspects of the Training and Development Program, ensuring compliance
- Support and lead training to all staff
- Develop and maintain Company policies to comply with AIMS Corporate program and local regulations
- Coordinate both the Management Health and Safety Committee as well as the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Plan, develop and implement safety training for new employees onboarding and annual required programs including auditing processes and standards
- Coordinate monthly inspections through the Joint Health and Safety Committee and ensure that work orders are completed
- Identify work areas for potential accident and health hazards and implement appropriate control measures
- Work towards reduction WSIB costs and all associated programs
- WSIB Claims Managerment
- Track, monitor, support and organize with Human Resources, department managers and supervisors the Companies Return to Work processes
- Carrying out and coordinating regular safety audits to ensure procedures are being adhered to
- Records keeping for inspections findings and producting reports suggesting improvements
- Carry out Incident Investigations in conjunction with a Supervisor and Worker Rep member of the JH&S committee
- Keep statistics on incidents and reporting them to Senior Management on a monthly basis
- Managing the First Aid room and inspect and purchase supplies as needed of all First Aid Kits within the facilities on a montly basis
- Responsible to keep all Company Safety Data Sheets updated
- Responsbile to communicate to Supervisor and or Department Managers the Corporate issue Pre-shift Safety talks
- Liasison with officals from government regulatory agencies to ensure our Company is compliant with mandatory requirements
- Ensure all employees are aware of their respoinsbilities to ensure a safe work environment, including onboarding, annual training, develop site specific training, etc.
- Maintain the required hygiene, safety and quality standards on the production floor
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of the Health and Safety Act and WSIB regulations
- High interpersonal skills to maintain and foster a positive employee relations climate
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of the organization, including front line workers to senior management
- Proven ability to be a team player who can be accountable for their area and support teams within and across functions
- Strong background in planning, decision-making and problem solving
- Hands-on and a willingness attitude
- Ownership and initiative to achieve results and goals
- High attention to detail and strong follow up
- Ability to lead and motivate, gaining buy-in from all level of organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
- University degree or College diploma in Health and Safety
- Minimum 5 years experience in progressive Health and Safety roles
- Minimum 2 years experience in Management role
- CRSP designation or eligible to write
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to climb, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Use a computer keyboard and monitor more than 25% of total work time.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed outside weather conditions, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold.
- The noise level in the work environment varies from none to moderate to loud.
- Ability to work different shifts , days and weekends as needed
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance