About the job
ABOUT THE JOB
At Danone, Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams. We are looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist (EHS) for our plant in Minster, Ohio. In this role you will help lead safety, environmental and health processes to create a safe and secure work environment while controlling direct costs, meeting customer expectations, and ensuring safe and environmentally responsible and sustainable work practices.
Additionally, in this role you will:
- Develop Company Safety, Security and Environmental Compliance Programs and vision utilized by all workers to understand and employ safety, environmental and security policies.
- Develop a common understanding of Dannon#39;s Safety process (called WISE), defining goals, clarifying scope, and defining leadership skills and competencies required by all.
- Lead the development of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, evaluating and reducing hazards.
- Assure the development, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs.
- Manage and allocate resources to lead and support the safety systems.
- Develop safety measurements using continuous improvement tools and provide recommendations.
- Ensure completion of incident investigations and corrective actions.
- Create, audit and implement necessary programs and projects across site in support of permitting & compliance (i.e. OSHA, EPA, site / occupancy planning, chemical storage, noise surveying, air quality, wastewater discharge, SPCC, etc...).
- Be involved in Ammonia Refrigeration Management program, Tier II (Chemical Inventory), TRI and Waste Program (hazardous and non-hazardous).
- Other duties as assigned
- You will have a bachelor#39;s degree required - Occupational Safety and/or Environmental concentration preferred; an advanced degree is a plus.
- You will have 2+ years of experience in safety or environmental management in an industrial setting. Prior experience in a food/beverage manufacturing experience is preferred; supervisory experience is a plus.
- You have a proven track record of implementing effective EH&S programs with positive results.
- You have knowledge of appropriate federal, state, county, city, and institutional regulations regarding food processing operations and have familiarity with OSHA, EPA, ISO 14001 requirements.
- You have good problem-solving techniques including knowledge of LEAN and/or Six Sigma methodologies.
- You have effective training techniques to wide ranging audiences.
- You are entrepreneurial and hands-on - committed to innovation and moving beyond the norm.
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative, and actively takes steps to drive change who is also organized and detail oriented.
At Danone North America, you#39;ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You#39;ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn#39;t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We#39;re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.