Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Primary functions are to provide technical safety, environmental and health leadership for the company, develop company safety and health programs and objectives and coordinate safety training programs, monitor safety, environmental and health regulations and provide technical support to plant and corporate personnel to ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Manage the overall safety, health and environmental activity with the primary goal of reducing loss and liability Develop and eliminating safety concerns throughout the facility.
- Develop and manage an EHS program that ensures compliance with state, local and federal regulations.
- Provide regulatory interpretation and technical support and advice on safety, environmental and industrial hygiene matters.
- Oversee, in the case of an accident or incident occurred, the analysis to find the root cause behind the accident, by working with plant managers, department managers, supervisors and employees.
- Develop and maintain document safety plans, programs, procedures, reports and work instructions for legal and other requirements.
- Ensure proper record keeping, including OSHA 300 Log and environmental reporting.
- Coordinate the selection and procurement of safety supplies and equipment.
- Ensure conformance with regulatory compliance and the management of all waste activities related to hazardous waste management.
- Tour plant to inspect fire and safety equipment, machinery and facilities to identify potential hazards and ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Review loss control report from the company insurance carriers and regulatory inspections agencies and confer with appropriate management representatives on compliance with regulations and citations.
- Conduct safety audits through review and analysis of performance of safety records and safety inspections of various offices and projects in compliance with company standards.
- Conduct weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual environmental audits and ensure timely filing of reports
- Participate in new product/process review for safety requirements, including process hazard analyses, PPE, operator training and environmental concern.
- Partner with maintenance to implement engineering controls to minimize safety/occupational health hazards and environmental risks.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, industrial hygiene, engineering or other physical science.
- Well versed in Local, State and Federal compliance regulations.
- Experience in dealing with State Environmental agencies (Texas Commission on Environmental Quality).
- At least four years of experience in a managerial Environmental/Safety leadership position.
- Experience in developing and implementing successful environmental health and safety strategies.
- Bilingual Spanish a strong preference.
- Must have experience in the protein manufacturing industry.
- Teamwork and interpersonal.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Advanced Leadership and Communication.
- OSHA regulations and record keeping knowledge.
- Data analysis skills using computer software.
- Policy and procedure development
- Job Type: Full-time.
Pay: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year