The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This role plans, directs, and manages the quality assurance, environmental, health, and safety programs under the site leader#39;s direction. Recognizes, evaluates, recommends, and implements policies and procedures to assure awareness of and compliance with EH&S federal/state regulations as well as company requirements. Manages the location#39;s quality assurance program and performance quality testing and sampling to meet customer specifications. This is a generalist role in that no single quality assurance, environmental, health, or safety activity requires 80 percent or more of the incumbent#39;s available time.
- Responsible for monitoring and preventing chemical, biological, and physical hazards and diseases present throughout work sites.
- Reviews and incorporates health standards promulgated by regulatory authorities.
- Provides all necessary reports to Federal, State, and local authorities.
- Directs audits of environmental, health, and safety programs to identify and control significant loss-producing exposure. Must keep fully informed on all existing and proposed changes in occupational health and safety regulations.
- Develops and provides basic MSHA and EHS training to employees. Promotes communication programs to enhance and encourage employee awareness of accident and fire prevention, industrial hygiene, and environmental compliance. Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Works with others to investigate accidents, injuries, and complaints concerning hazards or uncomfortable conditions in the work place.
- Must be able to accurately define problems, collect data, interpret analytical results, draw valid conclusions, and make reasonable recommendations to upper management that support the production and final goals of the company and customers.
- Ensures that quality control procedures are established to meet customer and quality specifications by running samples and analyzing data and trends.
- Must be capable of and willing to respond to emergencies during off shifts, weekends, and/or holidays. Must be able to interface effectively with management, operations, and agency personnel.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or university
- Previous experience in a mining or industrial setting.
- Knowledge and experience in environmental regulations and compliance programs.
- Knowledge and experience in health and safety programs.
- MSHA experienced preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in quality assurance programs, data analysis and lab sampling preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of federal and state environmental, health, and safety laws/regulations