Position Summary: The Bulk Manager is responsible for modeling Earth Fares Vision, Mission, Declaration and Customer Service Creed. Overall responsibilities include adhering to the departments Standard Operating Procedures; meeting and exceeding financial goals including gross profit, shrink, sales, labor and department over-head. This person is responsible for ensuring a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
- Upholds the Earth Fare vision, standard operating procedures, merchandising guidelines, and financial goals for the Bulk Department. Provides exceptional customer service and maintains a safe and sanitary department. Communicates a positive and professional attitude when working with Team Members from other departments. Assists in other areas of grocery when necessary.
- Production: Maintains production and storage of bulk items, ensures proper handling of products, and is knowledgeable of the varieties of bulk items and packaged goods within the department. Maintains high standards of quality control.
- Operational Tasks: Ordering and receiving deliveries; scheduling; checking daily and weekly sales/movement reports, shrink reports, emails and responding accordingly; conducting quarterly department inventory.
- Merchandising: Develops and maintains an attractive sales floor by implementing Earth Fare merchandising guidelines.
- Department Conditions: Maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and overall organization of the department including all fixtures, storage, work stations, freezers, and coolers.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Strong communication and customer service skills, conducting oneself in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Strong organization, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Knowledge of natural/organic food industry trends, as well as common allergies and specialized dietary terms such as gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, etc. preferred.
- Understanding of food safety, sanitation and proper storage/display of organic products.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Outlook. Ability to learn and use a Falcon hand-held computer scanner.
- Desire to develop and grow your career with Earth Fare.
- Experience working with natural/organic foods preferred.
- Experience working in a retail and/or customer service oriented position.
- Perishable experience and OSHA ServSafe Certification preferred.
- Earth Fare experience preferred.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through levels of education and experience. However, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience, which provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, is acceptable.
- Works in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer service.
- May work in environments of extreme cold and extreme heat for short periods of time.
- May travel periodically for meetings.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (In the event an item weighs over 50 pounds the Team Member should have another member of the team help lift the item).
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and squat.
- Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads.
- Must be able to stand and be on ones feet the majority of the work day.