Position Summary: Responsible for upholding Earth Fares Vision, Mission, Declaration and
Customer Service Creed, and adhering to the departments Standard Operating Procedures.
Works independently and in a team to ensure front and/or back of the house food preparation
duties are complete to include but not limited to, food and beverage preparation, maintaining
sanitation and safety standards and providing exceptional customer service at all times. Prepared Foods Clerks will be cross trained to work in all facets of Prepared Foods to include: deli, juice bar, pizza/sandwich, and hot bar.
1) Adheres to the Earth Fare vision, standard operating procedures and merchandising
guidelines, with a strong emphasis on customer service, safety and sanitation. Maintains
a positive and professional work environment
2) Production: Duties are not limited to: provide customer service, to include opening, maintaining
product levels, cleaning case, and closing duties; determine produce needs for par sheet
needs/orders; prepare food products as determined by Manager; prepare and stock items, according to managers prep log, receive payments and issue receipts, vouchers and credits to customers while verifying proper security and loss prevention measures;
3) Operational Tasks: Provides excellent customer service and performs miscellaneous job
related duties as assigned by the Food Service Manager or Assistant Food Service
Manager. Attends required department and store-wide meetings.
4) Merchandising: Maintains an attractive sales floor by implementing Earth Fare
merchandising guidelines as outlined by the Food Service Manager.
5) Department Conditions: Maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and overall organization of the
department including all fixtures, storage, work stations, freezers, and coolers.
6) Other duties as assigned by Manager.
Knowledge and Essential Critical Skills/Expertise
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service to customers and Team Members at all
- Must be able to work independently and within a team setting.
- Must be organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task and assist customers while completing necessary production
duties within the department.
- Must be able to read and follow both written and verbal instruction from the Food Service
Manager, Assistant Manager, and other store management.
- Must demonstrate manual dexterity with potentially hazardous equipment (mixers,
- slicers, ovens, etc.).
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays. Flexibility to support sister stores in the same region when business needs arise.
- Must attend work on a regular and predictable basis.
- Must complete assigned tasks in a safe manner and in a constant state of alertness.
- Must uphold Company policies, including the anti-harassment program.
- Must work in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors, coworkers, customers and the public.
- Must uphold the highest standard of integrity, honesty and ethical behavior.
- Must work effectively and efficiently under stressful conditions.
- Must be able to work varying shifts, including overtime.
1. Previous experience with food preparation/cooking in a restaurant, bakery or catering
2. Experience working in a retail and/or customer service oriented environment preferred.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through levels of education and
experience, however, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience, which
provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties
and responsibilities of the job, is acceptable.
1. Works in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer service.
2. May work in environments of extreme cold and extreme heat.
3. May be exposed to odors, fumes, smoke and loud noise associated with working in a
1. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (In the event an item weighs over 50 pounds the
Team Member should have another member of the team help lift the item).
2. Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and squat.
3. Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads.
4. Must be able to stand and be on ones feet the majority of the work day.