Position Title: EA Portfolio Architect
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time ?
Position Location: Florenceville GTC
Requisition ID: 3602
Senior Portfolio Architect
We are looking for a business savvy technical leader, someone who can collaborate with our business leaders and partners, act as a trusted advisor, and lead technical transformations and implementations for our dynamic business, which covers our extended value chain from Agriculture through manufacturing, logistics and commercial, including retail / FMCG. You will bring your breadth of architecture and technology experience (enterprise wide) to direct the concepts, technology vision, and strategic roadmaps, and develop the architecture practice to drive overall standards and shape our IT Products to enable business technology strategies.
You will use your expertise to:
- Shape, influence and create our portfolio IT strategy in partnership with our agriculture & China businesses, while educating and developing their capability.
- Build and manage the digital architecture road maps and map the evolution of the portfolio applications and technology from current to future state with an initial focus on Digital technology platforms and collaborate with IT Leads in modernizing IT Technology.
- Work with our leadership teams to review and develop the architecture and portfolio to meet business needs while ensuring alignment to our IT enterprise strategies.
- Explore industry trends and best practices to identify new and leading IT and enterprise architecture direction and identify technology opportunities to deliver operational efficiencies and viable advantage to our business
- Analyze enterprise business drivers to establish corresponding change requirements and investigate the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Document and maintain the business domain architecture(s) including actionable conceptual and logical architectural designs using established enterprise and application design patterns.
- Build positive relationships within a matrix environment to deliver key objectives by engaging peers within the business and technical teams accountable for updating reference architectures and standards, and ensuring adherence to industry and McCain technology standards and guidelines.
- Establish and maintain communication with technology client groups and clearly communicate architectural risks to partners.
- Perform complex architectural assessments supporting business case development, application architecture development, technology decisions, and process optimization activities.
- Deliver appropriate program oversight to the solution architects assigned to projects and programs under your portfolio and confirm solutions are successfully implemented and achieve the desired business outcomes.
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Ten or more years of experience designing and leading creative architecture solutions
- Experience in multiple architecture domains (business, information, technology, application, infrastructure, security) and are proficient in generating technical roadmaps and architectures to lead architecture concepts
- Experience working within agile projects
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, or a related discipline
- Advanced knowledge of architecture tools, processes and procedures
- A proven ability to interpret and communicate IT related information and concepts into business language for senior level stakeholders
- Good social and communication skills to openly identify architectural consequences to relevant parties across the organization
- Alignment with our values of safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
- Architecture experience in Agriculture and food manufacturing.
- A Master’s level degree
- A certification in enterprise architecture such as The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF)
- A professional certification as an architect with an industry-recognized organization
Why McCain Foods?
We#39;re a global business that has been creating great tasting food for over 60 years! As a privately owned family company with sales in over 160 countries and a global team of 22,000 people, our values are at the heart of everything we do. Our product quality, people and customer dedication have helped us achieve global annual sales in excess of CAD $10 billion. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – nothing we do is worth getting hurt. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values at http://www.mccain.com.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Job Family: Information Technology
Division: Global IS
Department: ?Global IS ?
Location(s): CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Florenceville-Bristol
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)