Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food.
POSITION SUMMARY:The Dryer Packager position is responsible proper packaging, sealing, labeling and stacking of finished product containers as well as for overall cleanliness and sanitation of dryer areas.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Responsible for overall equipment cleanliness and sanitation of dryer areas..
- Responsible for confirming and verifying final weights of finished products.
- Accountable for proper packaging, sealing, labeling and stacking of finished product.
- Knows and understands the overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) target for the product being produced and what it means.
- Understands all required documentation for the production run and that all documents must be verified by the supervisor or the lead at the end of each shift.
- Performs hourly case weight checks and has knowledge of corrective actions and notifications
- Follows start up and shutdown procedures.
- Effective communication at shift hand-off with the oncoming or off going shift.
- Follows proper SOP’s (Standard Operation Procedures)
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks.
- Able to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Insures regulatory compliance at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:
- Less than high school education.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot minor mechanical issues.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a company pallet jack license. Experience with pallet jack and/or forklift preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors or employees of the organization.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Must demonstrate open and honest communication.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships and work effectively with others to complete work assignments.
- Able to safely lift and carry 50lbs.
- Able to work independently or with others in a team environment depending upon the assignment.
- Self-motivated while also willing to ask questions and seek direction.
- Displays responsible behavior at work.
- Open to change.
- Ability to work in cold, wet, noisy, dusty and humid environments.
- Ability to work around required cleaning solutions.
- Possesses good hand-eye coordination.
- Able to stand on hard surface most of the shift, ascend and descend stairs, bend, stoop or crouch, grasp and reach.