Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food.
Responsible for packaging dried egg into 50 lb. boxes with a plastic liner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for packaging dried egg into 50 lbs. and 25kg boxes with plastic liner and 500 kg tote bag.
- Sanitation of the dryer and equipment. Includes disassembly, cleaning, and assembly, of augers using LOTO and entering warm dryer box wearing protective clothing and using LOTO and confined space.
- Maintain standard of cleanliness of work area.
- Responsible for confirming and verifying final weights of finished products.
- Responsible for proper sealing and labeling of finished product containers.
- Stack finished product of pallets.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Less than high school education.
Ability to read a limited number of two-and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving one concrete variable in standardized situations.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Licenses, certificates, and registrations required:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Specific skills and abilities required that are not included in other sections:
- Ability to stand on hard surface most of shift.
- Ability to repeatedly lift and carry 60 lbs. for 8 feet.
- Ability to climb steps and ladders.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work in warm, noisy and sometimes dusty environments.
- Ability to obtain a forklift license.