For Current Agropur Employees: Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
Job Type: Regular
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
The Dryer Operator is responsible for operating the Custom Dryer; ensuring optimum daily performance and Custom powder production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily operations and cleaning of equipment associated with the dryer operation.
- Complete all documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Follow all GMP, SOP and HACCP programs.
- Monitor processes, materials, or surroundings and review information by telephone, in written form or in person.
- Identify information by categorizing, estimating, and recognizing changes or deviations in circumstances and or/events.
- Perform operator level maintenance when needed.
- Understand and comply with all Quality Assurance policies, and immediately report any potential food safety issues to management.
- Operate and monitor packaging and casing.
- Safe operation and sanitation of equipment.
- Monitor the complete process for safety, efficiency, and quality.
- Sustain and support automated systems.
- Clean and sanitize all parts of packaging department including walls, floors, and equipment.
- Assist other coworkers with tasks and duties within the department.
- Adhere to quality system requirements.
- Follow procedures and work instructions set forth through SOP#39;s and Master Sanitation Schedules.
- Monitor dryer operation.
- Work closely with Production management on product formulas and operating parameters.
- Operate dryer and complete the Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Responsible for keeping dryer clean from top to bottom.
- Monitor Moisture, pH, bulk density, scorch and cleanliness of powder.
- Oversee bagging operation, Mix Room operation, Protein Dryer Operation and may bag as needed.
- Assign employee tasks during operations.
- Record readings.
- Package powder.
- CIP tanks, lines, Dryer system, High-Pressure Pump and Tankers
- Safely and efficiently unload incoming tankers.
- Complete verifications of material being used.
- Perform minor repairs on equipment as needed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with training of lower level operators.
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in a related field required.
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing with managers and colleagues.
- Ability to read, understand, and adhere to documents and procedures (GLP, SOP, SDS, GMP, test procedures, and HACCP).
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Basic computer operational skills; able to input and retrieve computerized information.
- Ability to follow written, verbal and diagrammatic instructions; complete simple checklists and complete required documentation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Decisions administered soundly and consistently with policies and in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate functional and technical knowledge, ability to learn new skills quickly, and achieve a high level of accomplishment.
- Ability to solve problems by adapting knowledge and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.
This position is a vital part to our facility and operations
Agropur offers competitive wages and benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA plans; Life, Disability and 401 k
We are an employee focused organization that promotes from within and is looking for enthusiastic, team-orientated employees
Watch this fun video to learn more about us:
AA/EEO - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity