For Current Agropur Employees: Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
Job Type: Regular
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
The Dryer Operator II is responsible for operating the dryer and ensuring optimum daily performance and quality permeate and protein powder production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily operations and cleaning of equipment associated with the dryer operation.
- Complete all documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Follow all GMP, SOP and HACCP programs.
- Monitor processes, materials, or surroundings and review information by telephone, in written form or in person.
- Identify information by categorizing, estimating, and recognizing changes or deviations in circumstances and or/events.
- Perform operator level maintenance when needed.
- Understand and comply with all Quality Assurance policies, and immediately report any potential food safety issues to management.
- Operate and monitor packaging and casing.
- Safe operation and sanitation of equipment.
- Monitor the complete process for safety, efficiency, and quality.
- Sustain and support automated systems.
- Clean and sanitize all parts of packaging department including walls, floors, and equipment.
- Assist other coworkers with tasks and duties within the department.
- Adhere to quality system requirements.
- Follow procedures and work instructions set forth through SOP#39;s and Master Sanitation Schedules.
LSFI and Nicollet Only (does not apply to Jerome and Lake Norden):
- Monitor dryer operation.
- Work closely with Production management on product formulas and operating parameters.
- Operate dryer and complete the Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Responsible for keeping dryer clean from top to bottom.
- Monitor Moisture, pH and cleanliness of powder.
- Oversee bagging operation and bag as needed.
- Record readings.
- Package powder.
- CIP tanks, lines, Dryer system, Tankers and High-Pressure Pump.
- Safely and efficiently unload incoming tankers.
- Perform minor repairs on equipment as needed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a related field required.
- Forklift Certification required. (LSFI only)
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing with managers and colleagues.
- Ability to read, understand, and adhere to documents and procedures (GLP, SOP, SDS, GMP, test procedures, and HACCP).
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Basic computer operational skills; able to input and retrieve computerized information.
- Ability to follow written, verbal and diagrammatic instructions; complete simple checklists and complete required documentation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Decisions administered soundly and consistently with policies and in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate functional and technical knowledge, ability to learn new skills quickly, and achieve a high level of accomplishment.
- Ability to solve problems by adapting knowledge and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.
AA/EEO - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity