The J.M. Smucker Company has a unique culture rooted in our Basic Beliefs, strengthened by Our Commitment to Each Other and perpetuated by the creation of an environment that leads to the continued growth of our employees.
Inspired by more than 120 years of business success and five generations of family leadership, The J. M. Smucker Company makes food that people and pets love. The Company#39;s portfolio of 40+ brands, which are found in 90 percent of U.S. homes and countless restaurants, includes iconic products consumers have always loved such as Folgers, Jif and Milk-Bone plus new favorites like Caf Bustelo, Smucker#39;s Uncrustables and Rachael Ray Nutrish. Over the past two decades, the Company has grown rapidly by thoughtfully acquiring leading and emerging brands, while ensuring the business has a positive impact on its 7,000+ employees, the communities it is a part of and the planet. For more information about The J. M. Smucker Company, visit https://jmsmucker.com .
To batch premix to ingredient specifications and to unload and deliver raw ingredients to the proper locations Adherence to Topeka Good Manufacturing Practices, QA specifications, approved formulations in order to reliably supply quality products.
- Follow all company Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP#39;s).
- Produce high quality products in a safe and healthful manner.
- Assignedshift attendance is required.
- Adding hand-adds to dry mixes.
- Responsible for running and monitoring system on a continuous basis
- Responsible for weekly start-ups, shut-downs and clean-ups.
- Responsible for minor maintenance of department equipment.
- Sanitation is a constant and critical issue - keep production and preparation areas clean
- Operation of forklift, pallet jack and hand truck
- Must be prepared to do what is manually required to keep system running
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Assist fellow employees as needed.
- To record periodic Quality Control Checks
- Test, scale and unload major and minor ingredient trucks
- Continuously monitor systems on screens and respond to problems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of the position.
- Must be able to report to work on time and to work the entire scheduled work period or shift. Timely and regular attendance is required.
- Must be able to successfully handle and manage stress.
- Accustomed to and able to work in a high-volume, fast-pace, complex and busy environment.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities.
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to act. A "can-do" mindset and attitude is a must.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work additional hours when workload, deadlines, production requirements, shift coverage or overtime demand it of the role.
- Consummate team player attitude of sharing and helping others. Must be able to interact positively, professionally and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to work alone/unsupervised (make decisions, correct problems, complete tasks, etc.)
- Good utilization of time and initiative
- Knowledge and experience in use of tools
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to changes
- Basic knowledge of diagrams and schematics - know how to follow and read
- Basic computer skills
- Understand pneumatics
- Basic math skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High-school degree or equivalent is required.
1 or more years of manufacturing experience or mechanical aptitude preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, GMP#39;s and general instructions. Good communication skills are required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out both oral and written instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions and duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and lift. The employee is required to stand and walk at minimum 70% of the time.
- The employee must be able to work 8 hour rotating shifts, with the flexibility to work additional planned or unplanned hours, as business needs.
- The employees must lift/push/pull or carry up to fifty (50) pounds and should be able to lift 30-35 pounds on a frequent basis.
- The employee must be able to squat or kneel and to bend on a frequent basis.
- The employee must be able to work in a cold (40-50 degree) environment.
- The employee must be able to tolerate exposure to flour and yeast materials.
- The employee must be able to climb steps and vertical ladders 10ft high on a frequent basis.
- The employee must be able to work with automatic equipment, pressurized air hoses, high pressure hoses, strahman water hoses (hot-steam injected water) and very hot piping
SAFE PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
Employee must have the ability to perform the essential job functions identified above consistent with safety standards and practices with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The work environments characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hot in summer, cold in winter
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.