Will assist with tasks such as production, packaging of dry ice, shipping preparation, and loading/unloading products in commercial trucks.
- Load and package dry ice on a daily basis in accordance with quality standards.
- Operates forklift and/or pallet jack on a daily basis to maneuver and load dry ice boxes on production floor and trailers.
- Knows and complies with all safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Clean-up functions including, but not limited to, sweeping, washing, painting, trash removal and pick-up.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
- One (1) year experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Able to understand and follow the direction of supervisors.
- Ability to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
- Essential job function requires the routine lifting and manipulation of dry ice blocks ranging in weight from 5 – 60 pounds each.
- Work may require standing, stooping, crouching, or bending.
- Hazards require the use of personal protective equipment (i.e. hardhat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety shoes). Dry ice is extremely cold, and therefore requires that gloves be worn when directly handling dry ice.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Able to function safely in a noisy environment with safe, but elevated, levels of CO2 vapor present in the facility.
- Shift work required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.