Are you an experienced Class “A” CDL Driver who thrives at building relationships? Do you enjoy contributing to the success of our customers while providing them with unmatched hands-on delivery? Dawn Foods wants you! Dawn Foods is proud to employ the top talent in the baking industry.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
- Competitive starting pay, $26.55/hr
- $10,000 Signing Bonus
- Paid overnights
- Industry-leading health insurance begins on Day 1
- 401(K) + company match
- 10 Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Automatic Transmission
- Trailers have liftgates, no ramps!
- Pick by stop, not by zone
- Yearly boot allowance, uniforms, and protective eye wear
- Family-owned business over 100 years in service
About the Job
As a Driver for Dawn Foods, you will be responsible for completion of daily route as assigned in a timely manner, with safety and production in focus. Obeying all federal, state, and local rules and regulations of the road including all DOT operating and recording procedures. Conducting daily face to face interaction with customers; representing Dawn Foods in a friendly, competent, and professional manner. Duties may include but not be limited to breaking down product, shelf stacking, offloading with electric pallet jacks, performing pre and post trip vehicle inspections as well as collecting invoice receipts that are generated from the deliveries.
What Does It Take to be a Driver at Dawn Foods?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
- Class “A” CDL License in good standing
- Ability to work in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Proven commercial driving experience
- Must be able to lift 50+ pound repeatedly
- Ability to operate MHE equipment
- Experience delivering into food service accounts is preferred
- Lift-gate, reefer, electric pallet jack and forklift experience helpful
- Computer skills helpful
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 50 pounds frequently.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- Ability to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to withstand cool and/or cold temperatures.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
About Our Benefits
Dawn is proud to employ the top talent in the baking industry, and we reward our people with comprehensive health and well-being coverage, competitive compensation packages, and award-winning benefit offerings. We also help protect your future financial health with a generous 401(k) matching program that provides additional retirement funds and many tools and resources on financial wellness. Dawn encourages professional growth through tuition assistance and educational programs, and we are always searching for ways to improve our industry-leading services and benefits.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
About Dawn Foods
Dawn Foods provides high-quality bakery solutions to customers around the globe. With unmatched manufacturing and distribution capabilities, we bring together the knowledge, commitment, and innovation our customers deserve.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationaal origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.