WE#39;RE HERE TO BRING DELIGHT TO THE WORLD OF NUTRITION
OLLY is a fast-growing company working to bring simplicity and delight to the world of nutrition. Yes, stuff like vitamins, probiotics and plant-based protein. We see only upside in the opportunity to transform the category experience. Not only that, we believe you can#39;t have happy without healthy. And isn#39;t true happiness where it#39;s at? So we#39;ve made it our personal mission to help people make healthy choices by making it easier than ever for them to get better nutrition into their daily lives. We#39;re super passionate about the work that we do and we#39;re on the hunt for a fellow self-starter to join our ambitious bunch.
We hope you#39;ll indulge us as we toot our own horn a little. We currently have over 40 products sold nationwide at retailers including Target, CVS, Safeway, Walmart and many more. We got off to a fast start and have already been recognized as a successful, transformational brand in both the supplement and nutrition categories. As you can imagine we need more rock stars to help us continue the pace as we have high hopes for our future.
OK, one last tidbit or two - We recently joined our friends over at Unilever to help us grow OLLY into a global brand. We are also a B-Corp, so doing social good is built into our DNA and we#39;re headquartered in the heart of San Francisco with a culture that reflects the friendly, optimistic and health minded values of the brand. Our goal is to build a uniquely special company and brand that we will make us all proud!
BUT ENOUGH ABOUT US LETS TALK ABOUT YOU
THE ROLE: DOCUMENTATION AND STABILITY SCIENTIST
The Documentation and Stability Scientist is responsible for product lifecycle management of OLLY#39;s full library of GMP documents including, product and material specifications, formulas, labels, standard operating procedures, forms, manuals, among others. The Documentation and Stability Scientist is responsible for ensuring that training records are current and maintained for our growing team of quality, regulatory, product development, and operations personnel. Additionally this role will manage stability protocols, test results, and stability reports for OLLY#39;s portfolio of delightful products. The Documentation and Stability Scientist reports directly to the Director of Product with additional support and direction from the Director of Technical Services.
- Document Control
- System administrator for electronic documentation or PLM system (Product Lifecycle Management)
- Create, update and route documents such as formulas, specifications, and labels for review and approval (30%)
- Support launch of new PLM system and/or continuously improve business processes related to documentation (10%)
- Ensure timely periodic review of documents before the end of their lifecycle (10%)
- Train all users on new documentation and processes (5%)
- Product Stability Management
- Track and organize stability studies for new products, packaging configurations and formulation changes, timepoints, and results (10%)
- Compile stability summary reports at end of study for review/approval (10%)
- Collaborate with operations on production schedules to ensure start of stability studies in accordance with approved protocols (10%)
- Coordinate monthly meeting to review stability results (5%)
- Work with contract lab to quote and initiate studies (5%)
- Development of improved business processes for stability (5%)
THE SKILLS TO PAY THE BILLS
HERE#39;S OUR WISH LIST (WHO ARE WE KIDDING, THESE ARE REQUIRED)
You have a meticulous eye for detail and you love when things flow - professionally and personally. When they don#39;t, you#39;re the first to notice and you figure out just how to get things back on track. You are proactive, highly organized, self-driven and expect the best from yourself - you genuinely see the cup half full, even under pressure.
You#39;re looking for a job where you can make an immediate impact on the day to day organization and workflows of the operations and product innovation teams. You like to solve problems and you want to work as an integral part of a team that makes great things happen.
CAPABILITIES + SKILLS REQUIRED
- 5 years of experience in a dietary supplements manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of GMP requirements in a manufacturing environment
- Deep organizational skills with an eye for detail, consistency, quality, and order
- Experience with document management systems and raw material, finished product, and stability specifications
- Experience starting new business processes and improving existing ones
- Professional communication skills - listening, verbal and written
- Ability to take direction, work independently, and carry out responsibilities accurately and efficiently
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and thrive in a deadline driven environment
- Dedication to personal and professional accountability - you ask questions, learn quickly and find solutions
- You are completely at ease with computers, including the MS package and a general understanding of IT support
- You are curious - you possess the drive to always be learning and growing, professionally and personally
- Bachelors Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Food Sciences, or other closely related discipline; Master#39;s Degree Preferred
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
HOURS: full time, exempt (salary)
MANAGER: Director of Product
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship