We have a Divisional Food Safety Manager job opening in the West Division. This is a remote position and would require working from home when not traveling in the mentioned territory. 70-80% travel required. You must be willing to relocate within this territory if you do not already reside there. This position is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining Food Safety programs within our business while effectively promoting the mission and values of Packers Sanitation Services, Inc. to achieve strategic company goals. This is a territory based position consisting of California and Arizona. Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply!
Department: Food Safety Reports To: Sr. Director of Food Safety
FLSA Status: Salary Exempt
Positions Supervised: Technical Service Managers
Work Schedule: Varies
Location: West Division (California & Arizona) - Remote Work
Job Status: Full Time
Amount of Travel Required: 70-80%
This position is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining Food Safety programs within our business while effectively promoting the mission and values of Packers Sanitation Services, Inc. to achieve strategic company goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Partnership with Operations VP of their assigned division to help drive Food Safety excellence within the division.
• Support PSSI Food Safety programs throughout the division they are assigned to.
• Champion strategic Food Safety initiatives within their division.
• Maintain open communications with all plants in your assigned division(s), Area Managers, Division Managers, and VP. Advise operations staff regarding issues related to Food Safety and regulatory agencies.
• Work closely with operations on a regular basis including attending division conference calls and division meetings.
• Ensure PSSI operations comply with all external customer requirements, government agencies, and remain compliant with established PSSI policies and procedures.
• Perform investigations at the plant level, as needed. This includes but is not limited to key performance indicators associated with Food Safety and when necessary to assist other PSSI departments. Make sure all investigations are followed up with and an action plan is implemented successfully.
• Attend and manage all regulatory assessments within the division. This includes site visits, and assisting Food Safety Director with informal conferences as needed
• Implement and maintain safety policies and procedures within the division.
• Support each plant with their individual needs making specific action plans to solve plant level issues.
• Field calls from plants within the division and escalate as necessary to Sr. Divisional Food Safety Manager.
• Maintain regular communication with Sr. Divisional Food Safety Manager or designated Team Leader.
• Assist team in other divisions as necessary. This may include travel to other geographic areas.
• To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Safety related field or equivalent job experience.
Skills/Abilities: This position requires attributes such as: decision making, conflict resolution ability and self-motivation. The position attributes of integrity, honesty, initiative and customer focus. Technical skills including the ability to learn and work with computers and technology, particularly Microsoft Office programs are essential.
Computer Skills: Requires strong computer skills associated with Microsoft Office and basic skills required to learn new programs