This position is responsible for customer management, distributor management, and administration activities in the assigned district to ensure our customer service expectations and the Region’s objectives are achieved. The position covers the Greater Sacramento, CA region.
Establish and maintain effective customer and distributor relationships.
Ensure coordination of sales activities with multiple functions.
Maintain and develop sales accounts.
Provide input in the development of sales plans.
Ensure sales and profit targets are achieved.
Track performance of each route in the district to identify opportunities and corrections.
Maintain the warehouse areas to meet regulatory and AIB standards.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field and 2 - 5 years in sales management (DSD / Route Sales experience). Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above.
- Experience in route sales in the grocery industry.
- Ability to negotiate effectively and influence others.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral presentations and in writing.
- Ability to make decisions that effectively impact the business.
- Work requires a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English and Spanish.
- Basic knowledge of DSD systems.
- 50% travel by auto/vehicle to customer stores and meetings.
- Work requires the use of computers for email, report generation, and general correspondence.
- Work requires lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Candidates must live in the geographic area to ensure a reasonable commute and access to customers and distributors in the assigned district
- Bilingual English & Spanish preferred
We provide a competitive base salary, benefits that start the first day of employment, a 15% bonus opportunity, and a company vehicle in addition to a career that will be both challenging and rewarding.
Relocation will not be provided
HR Will accept the first 25 applications
Mission Foods is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all phases of employment in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Mission Foods depends solely on your qualifications. Mission Foods is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail or call 972.232.5200 to let us know the nature of your request.