Reports To: Director if Sales
This position is a senior sales professional role responsible for leading and managing the business development for key Health & Natural Foods (HNF) accounts and distributors in a defined geographic area, in support of the company’s annual team Gross Sales Budget, keeping within Trade Spend Budget.
The District Sales Manager for Eastern Canada will be based in or around Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage a network of HNF accounts and distributors.
- Develop & execute long/ short-term account, category and/or regional growth strategies & plans with intensified focus on distribution and innovation.
- Achieve top and bottom line targets in assigned areas of business.
- Provide accurate and timely forecasts for manufacturing and planning purposes.
- Effectively manage Trade Spend within Budget.
- Create winning partnerships with HNF accounts and distributors, delivering enhanced value
- Ensure strong POG presence and promotional/ merchandising execution at all accounts.
- Leverage syndicated and internal data to drive category leadership and market share growth.
- Work very closely with cross-functional counterparts in sales & shopper marketing, marketing, customer service, supply chain, manufacturing and finance to ensure executional excellence.
- Minimum 5 years of consistently exceeding sales objectives.
- Strong HNF background; retailer, account, direct distributor management experience necessary.
- College and/ or University degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent business & financial acumen.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills; able to quickly identify and prioritize key business development opportunities.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation/ influence skills.
- Effective both independently, and as part of a high performance team.
- High sense of urgency and results-focused.
- Able to travel regionally, nationally, and internationally as required up to 25%.
- Effectively work from a home office.
- Available to attend industry/ customer trade events as required (including weekends).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with various syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI, Retail Link, customer-specific POS) are all strong assets.
- Manage multiple tasks.
- Work additional hours as needed and meet deadlines.
- Work well with minimal supervision.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, stand and walk; occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
Traditional Medicinals, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud equal opportunity employers. We wholeheartedly embrace authenticity, diversity, and people’s differences. We acknowledge, celebrate, and support individuality to the great advantage our consumers, our stakeholders, our products, and the planet. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace for all our people.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.