Overview of the Role
Reporting to the Sr. Foodservice & Distributor Manager, the ideal Vital Farms Distributor Account Manager will work cross functionally to develop and execute annual plans to increase sales, distribution, and deliver profitable growth . They should have strong people skills engaging with our distributors, brokers and internal stakeholders. Strong experience pulling customer data, market data and providing insights to the customer, as well as providing recommendations for next steps, will be key to success in this role. Additionally, managing relationships and pertinent sales crew information will be key.
- Sales at Distributor and Internal Communication
- Work with Sr. Distributor Manager and brokers to maintain relationships, deliver paperwork, communicate internally and execute plan.
- Successfully implement innovation at distributors, working cross functionally with account managers, brokers, and marketing to help ensure all deadlines are met.
- Create and manage distribution matrix and strategy for account managers to implement as new distributors come on board.
- Create meaningful presentations for distributor meetings using category, brand, and item insights to capitalize on opportunities
- Analyzing customer data and creating quarterly leadership updates on status, new customers, risk, etc.
- Proactively notify organization of competitive activity, new items, and future growth opportunities via distributor model.
- Attend trade shows to represent the brand and develop sales opportunities
- Meet with distributor sales teams across country to build sales opportunities and educate them on products
- Help account managers manage and onboard new distributors outside of the Big 3 to make sure acceptable terms and programs are in place.
- Forecasting & Trade Management
- Ensure execution of strategic and collaborative annual trade promotion calendar for distributor base model set forth by Sr. Distributor Manager
- Ensure new item launches, forecasts and promotional lifts are reflected in orders
- Monitor account manager forecasts for related distributors.
- Manage trade deductions through customers to ensure AMs are accounting for slotting, promos, and merchandising.
- Order Tracking/Influencing
- Advanced excel skills and organization to tracking shipments, unsaleable, service levels, and fulfillment rate in order to build score cards
- Proactively managing seasonality, distribution changes, promotional readiness, competitive impact to influence orders
- Bachelor#39;s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- High level experience in the Natural Channel with natural products. UNFI and/or KEHE Distributor experience preferred. CPG selling background in dairy or refrigerated spaces also highly preferred
- Established relationships and demonstrated success working with distributors along with the leading brokers and customers utilizing these channels
- Strong planning and organizational skills along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including full competence with Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
- Working knowledge and understanding of Spins/Nielsen/WFM Portal data.
- Proven Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to excel in an autonomous, hands-on, fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Highly adaptable & resourceful. Pioneering spirit.
- Proficient in Trade Analytics (selling price, margins, etc)
- Ability to travel as needed for customer table tops, appointments, etc. Anticipate 30% Travel.