McCormick & Company, Incorporated, a global leader in flavor, is seeking 3rd Shift Distribution Technicians (Forklift Operators) reporting to a Team Manager. This individual will work at the Salinas Distribution Center located in Salinas, CA
With more than $4 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry - retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick makes every moment and meal better™
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays, sick time and vacations.
Under the general supervision of the Team Manager or Order Selectionand/or Warehouse Crew Leader, this individual is responsible for picking/packing/shipping all customer orders in a timely (measured through Labor Management System - LMS) and accurate manner while operating material handling equipment (transporter, forklift, etc.). Performs general warehouse duties including loading, inbound receiving, returns, organizing, put-away, replenishment, wrapping and push-offs and order selection. Is responsible for accurate input and provides customers with specific documentation and special services as needed. Other duties include filling "shorted" orders, co-label order selection, export order selection, and assisting with inventory. Participates in Team meetings and completes special projects assigned. Incumbent is subject to temperature extremes. Overtime on short notice may be required.
- Performs assignments in one of the following seven activity groups: Order Selection, Replenishment, Inbound, Outbound, Returns, Organizer, Repack/Hazmat. May be required to perform other activities based on business needs.
- Operates transporter, stand-up, reach or sit-down fork truck.
- Completes all paperwork & system transactions in accordance with standard departmental operating procedures. Paperwork can include, pick list, labels, tagging and any customer required placards.
- Identifies and communicates issues to shift Crew Leader, Warehouse or Order Selection Team Manager.
- Attend shift/team meetings and recommends general process improvements.
- Performs general duties including sanitation and battery changing.
- One to two years of forklift driving experience
- Ability to obtain a forklift license via McCormick
- Ability to work in an environment with exposure to spice dust and odors, noise and vibration
- Ability to work in an environment that is subject to temperature extremes
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds on a continual basis and 25-50 pounds on a frequent basis
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience using radio frequency terminal
- Basic computer skills
McCormick & Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other protected status.