Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas#39; English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann#39;s or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world#39;s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Distribution Supervisor will have direct responsibility for the shift supervised and full accountability for the Shipping and/or Transport operations, employee relations, order accuracy, and employee safety issues during that shift.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day-to-day associate relations as well as meeting department safety objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe environment through compliance of all Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
- Create a Continuous Improvement environment by improving products, service, and processes with the objective to reduce waste within the Region while striving for efficiency and profitability.
- Coordinate the Shipping and Transport schedule and work closely with other departments.
- Schedule, assign and direct workforce.
- Train, monitor and evaluate workforce.
- Create a culture of safety and teamwork in the department.
- Ensure that employees are in compliance with all safety rules and GMPs.
- Processing of payroll for all distribution employees using the Kronos System.
- Record and balance produced and purchased product during the designated shift. Follow-up on discrepancies with production and/or producing plants during the shift.
- Review route accounting after the run. Follow up with DM and production on discrepancies.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Understand, coach and teach the principles of the BBU Manufacturing Transformation, including lean tools, process capability and operational discipline.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Comfortable working in a participative team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple projects.
Education and Work History:
- High School Diploma required, some college preferred.
- Good organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- 3 years of distribution supervisory experience, preferably in the food industry.
- Working knowledge of computers, including MS office applications.
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.