Home Market Foods is a dynamic food manufacturing company that is the market leader in a number of meat-based meal and snack categories. We have grown substantially across our markets through excellence in innovation, operations, and customer service. This success has been nurtured by our ownership group and an expanding team of world-class leaders. HMF is building on our track record through complementary acquisitions and a growing number of business development initiatives. HMF's business model is poised to continue to thrive and offer greater opportunities for our customers and team.
With corporate headquarters in Needham, MA and a manufacturing facility in Norwood, MA, we are comfortably located within the Boston metropolitan area.
We are growing at a rapid rate, and our success is directly dependent on attracting and retaining the best possible talent across our functions. To this end, we are posting for a strong Distribution Center Specialist. This role will be based in our Norton, MA distribution facility. The days and hours for this role are M-F and every other Saturday from 3pm-5-11pm.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Distribution Center Specialist coordinates the daily operations of the Norton Distribution Center, reporting to the General Manager of the facility.
- Lead communication with production plant on pertinent issues with inbound/outbound orders
- Organize pick sheets/BOL's for efficient processing
- Lead communication with inbound/outbound drivers, regarding dock door assignments
- Perform and document weekly safety inspections on facility interior/exterior
- Assist with preparation for third party audits
- Assist with organization of all documentation needed for a distribution center, including pest control, rack safety reports, PM maintenance on fork trucks
- Provide weekly list to customer service team on short dated product
- Communicate daily with QA on the release of test-and-hold product
- Maintain and post daily/weekly/monthly distribution center operational reports
- Assist General Manager in analyzing several customized daily JET reports
- Check/verify staged orders prior to loading
- Work with all departments on setting up correct parameters in Navision for new items
- Assist in the coordination of sample orders with Customer Service/Sales/Marketing/R&D/QA
- Assist in the daily posting activity of all shipments
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing/warehouse environment preferred
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and collaborative skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Prior experience with Navision or another ERP system preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot basic computer hardware related issues
- Please note that some Saturday work may be required
This position requires the ability to withstand working in a cold environment and stand for extended periods of time.
Please visit http://homemarketfoods.applicantpro.com/jobs/ to complete our online application form.