We are KIK!
We create the products and brands that people trust to clean, sanitize, and protect their homes, pools and cars. We are one of North America#39;s largest independent consumer product manufacturers with 20 North American manufacturing facilities. We also operate globally in Europe, Asia, UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. We are known by our portfolio of over 40 brands including Spic and Span® and Comet® cleaning products, Clorox® Pool&Spa™ (under license), BioGuard®, and Natural Chemistry® pool chemicals, and Prestone® and Holts® automotive performance chemicals. We are also the ##1 producer in North America for store-brand ("private label") bleach and a leading private label provider of laundry detergent and additives, dishwashing products, general purpose cleaning and other home care products.
Our global team of over 2,500 employees drive our capabilities in product development, product formulation, strategic sourcing, manufacturing, packaging design, brand marketing, project management, quality assurance, compliance, distribution and logistics.
Our organization is constantly evolving and is driven by a set of "One KIK" values - a dedication to following through on commitments in a customer-focused, profit-motivated way; while never compromising on safety, ethics or integrity.
The DC Manager is responsible for providing the safest possible environment for our employees and the highest level of service for our customers. The position will be responsible for leading distribution center process improvements. The position will lead and supervise all DC employees within his/her facility (exempt and non-exempt) as needed, to ensure that daily operations such as, but not limited to, shipping, receiving, warehousing, inventory and cycle counting activities are handled in a safe, efficient, and timely manner. DC Manager will also help develop annual budgets and manage to those financial goals. This manager will drive Lean principles with energy and enthusiasm, functioning as a leader and champion of change. The position also establishes and maintains strong relationships with other KIK functional groups as well as regional carriers and customers providing exceptional value and above class service. In addition, the DC Manger will help develop and manage to key metrics and reporting structures.
Essential Job Functions
- Keeps safety as the top priority and ensures the safety of all employees, customers, and carriers.
- Supports and maintains KIK#39;s values and priorities and ensures that employees have a clear understanding of how they apply to daily activities.
- Ensures associate compliance to all company Policies and Procedures.
- Leads customer satisfaction and improvement initiatives that delight customers.
- Shows dedication to exceeding the expectations of internal and external customers while developing and maintaining lasting and meaningful relationships with all stakeholders.
- Leads DC quality programs and initiatives to ensuring quality KPI are met or exceeded while managing customer returns processes.
- Utilizes tools such as performance appraisals, cross training matrices and succession planning to develop and improve the capabilities of all associates by demonstrating the skills and behaviors associated with outstanding performance.
- Inspires facility wide teamwork by developing a culture of respect and employee involvement.
- Monitors and participates in daily GEMBA walks. Tracks and assesses trends of posted metrics and provides updates and recommendations to Director of Distribution.
- Uses PDCA or DMAIC to accurately identify, document, change and maintain process improvements.
- Proactively manages all DC related capacity constraints, including but not limited to people, space, and equipment utilizing appropriate resource planning tools.
- Documents, tracks, and implements annual productivity projects.
- Ensures availability to planned stocking levels. Recognizes, monitors, and provides timely resolutions to problems with inventory accuracy, obsolescence, and excess stock.
- Ensures proper storage of products in compliance with the BioLab Storage Arrangement Matrix and Hess guidelines.
- Establishes and coordinates facility maintenance programs.
- Manages to and is responsible for, meeting and exceeding KPIs as establish by management.
- Develops relationships and metrics with carriers to ensure that KIK is receiving the most economic and efficient service for our customers. Participates in carrier QBR#39;s with Transportation.
- Leads distribution functions in current/future technologies and potential applications.
- Leads the understanding and application of all lean methodologies, tools, and concepts.
- Educates, coaches, mentors and drives change down to employees at all levels in the DC to establish an engaged waste eliminating, continuous improvement & OPEX culture.
- Develops reports of overall Continuous Improvement activities including accomplishments, participation, projected activities, and anticipated needs.
- Manages the execution of projects, coordinates team members, reports progress and manages expectations, risks and issues supporting KIK#39;s long-term growth and profitability.
- Collaborates with internal and external function teams to review processes and identify/implement opportunities for improvements, applying lean concepts and tools.
- Develops and revises standard operating procedures and standardized work for all distribution functions; Manages team members to ensure compliance to standards.
- Uses a data driven approach to problem solving, continuous improvement and error proofing.
- Assists with the design and documentation of specification to enhance warehouse management system and reports to support safety, productivity, cost, quality, and service objectives.
- Degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent and proven work experience. Lean Six Sigma Certification desired (green belt preferred).
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in distribution center operations management.
- Leadership expertise in distribution, transportation, inventory control, and customer service.
- Experience in facility design, layout, and consolidation and knowledge of the selection, specification and procurement of storage mediums and material handling equipment.
- Experience in developing Key Performance Indicators in a distribution environment.
- Strong practical knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodologies applied to distribution including kaizen leadership, visual controls, and 6S.
- Must possess a high level of proficiency in MS Office, specifically a proficiency in Excel. Proficiency in AutoCAD preferred.
- Knowledge of industrial engineering, logistics, theories, and process.
- Ability to work under pressure, to process shipments and deliver/route materials according to tight time schedules.
- Ability to work independently and maintain good working relationships with managers, co-workers, and employees.
- Must be committed to coaching, mentoring and succession planning for all employees.
- Understanding of multiple shipping methods - UPS, FedEx, LTL, FTL and Intermodal
- Ability to drive cultural and process changes that reinforce a commitment to operational excellence.
- Warehouse Management System expertise highly desirable.
- Must be a self-motivated, seasoned professional who is process-focused as well as results-oriented.
- Ability to speak and accurately read and write in English.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) strongly preferred
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK#39;s retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. KIK does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, status in uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.
KIK is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, or to perform the essential functions of the job, please contact Human Resources immediately.