My client is a growing wholesale company that has been successfully servicing retail partners for over 60 years. To continue this trend, they are looking for a Director of Operations to manage all aspects of produce warehousing and logistics with full P & L responsibility.
The ideal individual will have the experience & demonstrated ability to leverage superior distribution, logistics and management expertise to support a growth-oriented, results-driven produce distribution company; and a progressive leadership style that is focused on engaging associates & developing a bench for future leadership. Most importantly, the ideal candidate will be excited at the opportunity to take over a very fast paced facility where no two days are the same.
I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you so that I can share more specific information on the company and role. I can be available at your convenience but if you prefer to schedule a time, please let me know the best time/date for you and I will plan accordingly. I hope to hear back from you soon.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Responsibilities & Duties:
Coordinate and optimize daily operations:
• Labor budgeting, scheduling and oversight
• Scheduling and routing outbound logistics (employee and contract)
• Coordination inbound logistics
• Inventory management, slotting, rotation
• Equipment and facilities maintenance and management
• IT/WMS oversight
• Re-pack function oversight including labor, supplies and production
• Quality Assurance and best practices compliance
• Food Safety regulatory compliance
• DOT regulatory compliance
• Knowledge/compliance Bargaining Unit policies and procedures.
Support executive management:
• Weekly, monthly, quarterly budgeting and reporting kpis
• Identify and implement financial initiatives to reduce per-case cost
• Strategic Planning and Needs Assessment
• Training and professional development of operations management team
• Review and optimization of vendor performance/supply arrangements and contracts
• Implement fixed asset replacement program
• Continuing education (state-of-art) warehousing information technology
• Integration of potential acquisitions