TORONTO, ON | FULL-TIME
We#39;re creating an alternative, locally based, food system in Toronto. We partner with local organic farms and like-minded local businesses and artisans, and deliver local, organic, small-scale grown or produced food that tastes really good. We deliver directly to our member#39;s homes, throughout the GTA, on a weekly basis from our 20,000 sq. ft headquarters located in East Toronto. We are a fast-growing company working to realize some exciting and ambitious plans in the coming few years. We’re a progressive organization focused on the overall happiness, health and balance/mindfulness of our 90+ staff.
Since 2017, Mama Earth Organics has been a certified B Corporation - a community of companies using business as a force for good. B Corps work toward reduced inequality, lower levels of poverty, a healthier environment, stronger communities, and the creation of more high-quality jobs with dignity and purpose. By harnessing the power of business, B Corps use profits and growth to means to a greater end: positive impact for their employees, communities, and the environment.
The Role and responsibilities:
This Dishwasher/Prep Cook position is crucial to keeping this organic kitchen running efficiently. The role consists of ensuring all dishes, pots & pans (big ones!) are carefully washed and ready for use. The dishwasher will also be assisting in preparing delicious organic salads, snacks and sides. Includes food prep, packaging, organizing, cleaning and dishes.
General skills required:
- Detail Oriented/ meticulous/ picky
- Ability to work at a fast pace with tight deadlines
- Excellent judgment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, within time limits
- Ability to lift 20-30 lbs, and be on your feet throughout the day
- Interest/knowledge in organics/environment/local food is an asset!
- Ability to be punctual, and reliable.
- Team spirit and willingness to work together.
- Previous experience working in a busy kitchen is an asset!!
- Enthusiasm, energy, and a positive attitude!
- Monday to Sunday -8am to 4pm and 11am to 7pm
- Starting at $16.00 per hour (+ lunch+discount on organic produce).
- Benefits available to those who qualify after 3 months.