Well established bakery/bread manufacturer is looking for an experienced Director/Plant Mgr. of Bakery operation with bread bakery exprience. Offering very nice salary and benefits.
Bakery/Plant Operations Director
Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer
The director of operations position oversees management of all bakery, and plant operations, which includes a mill, to produce bakery items in the most cost-effective manner within quality standards. The Bakery/Plant Operations Director is directly responsible for the management, safety, and production activities of the bakery in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Manages plant managers at bakery facilities to ensure that production of business partners#39; product is produced in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ability to formulate baked consumer goods from scratch, and improve and adapt formulations
- Good practical understanding of large volume baking equipment and factors driving efficiency
- Good knowledge of lean and high-performing manufacturing principles, and has demonstrated quality improvement and cost reduction under his/her leadership
- Ensures standards for product quality, equipment, and operator performance are maintained and that cost-effective technology is used to maximize production. Ensures fixed assets are preserved. Assesses and adjusts strategies, systems, procedures, performance capabilities, equipment, facilities, and people to enhance production, quality, safety, and profitability. And aligns resources to deliver against business and regulatory requirements in areas of cost, financial controls, quality, safety, and business initiatives.
- Sets goals to drive improvements with clear goals and accountabilities. Sets clear priorities and measures and monitors KPI’s.
- Ensures all employees follow GMPs to support production of the highest quality.
- Assures effective management, overall direction, coordination, development, and motivation of subordinates.
- Develops, monitors, and reports on operating costs within functional areas. Alerts management of cost and labor over run. Makes recommendations and implements solutions to problems related to same.
- Ensures orders are manufactured according to specifications and quality standards are met.
- Advises bakery managers on labor issues including safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, training, grievances, etc. Ensures bakery managers and supervisors are adhering to company policy and administering practices in fair and equitable manner.
- Manages budget and controls expenses effectively.
- Hires, trains, develops and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with human resources as appropriate.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Maintains and communicates an awareness of industry trends, including new developments in equipment, ingredients, and customer needs
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; provide direct feedback to employees
- Must support and comply with the requirements defined within the contents of GMPs, SQF, HACCP, and food safety programs as established by the company.
- Business Acumen.
- Change Agent.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
This position is directly responsible for leading managers of the bakery, mill and warehouse and indirectly responsible for all employees within the division.
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. In addition to using production equipment for the product, this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment and manufacturing sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Required Education and Experience
- 10 or more years of experience managing large scale bakery operations
- Knowledge of food manufacturing, human resources laws and regulations, and employee relations skills.
- Production Planning and Execution
- R&D in bread and buns
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office
- Change management and experience with culture change
- Strong Communication skills; verbal and written
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience working in a mill a plus
- Experience working with robotics and automation a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in business administration or a food manufacturing related degree
- LEAN Manufacturing experience
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US or able to secure authorization to work in the US
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.