Position Title: Director, Supply Chain - SCA
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Oakbrook Terrace
The Director, Supply Chain - SCA will be a key member of the Global Supply Chain Operations team and Global Project Management Office (PMO). The purpose of the PMO is to provide a structured approach and focused support to the regional businesses to identify and implement cost savings.
Working closely with employees at all levels, including other PMO work stream leaders, Global Supply Chain Operations, Regional Supply Chain Leaders, Manufacturing Leaders and Regional Presidents, this role is instrumental in identifying cost saving opportunities within the Supply Chain operations of the Regions. The principal responsibility of Director, Supply Chain - SCA is to ensure 3 year and annual cost savings plans are developed in each region, support and help drive the achievement of those plans, identify emerging issues, close gaps, and find and deliver upside savings.
The ideal candidate will combine technical expertise and operational experience with the ability to deliver results through influence at all levels, and the tenacity to achieve step-change results in terms of operational savings in the supply chain. This role requires an individual who has an in-depth understanding of Supply Chain disciplines and the experience to recognize how changing current processes can deliver sustainable savings for McCain. This role has a high level of autonomy and broad access to the Regional Management teams. As such the role requires a resilient self-starter who can modify his/her approach as appropriate, recognizing the Cultural and organizational sensitivities across a Global business.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Works closely with Regions to identify, develop and drive supply chain cost savings opportunities.
- Manage global TDC reduction program
- Supply chain network optimization, Demand Planning, Inventory management
- Taking into account regional & cultural differences secures projects and related savings commitments from regions.
- Uses virtual teams and resources to deliver results and identify opportunities
- Identifies longer-term strategic initiatives and develops plans to deliver savings over the longer-term horizon
- Assists other Work Stream leads in various cross-functional projects, to deliver savings or streamline processes.
- Lead Supply Chain workstream initiative tracking and ensuring savings are accurately reported
Experience and Professional Skills:
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain
- Strong business acumen while understanding the profit/saving levers across multiple functional areas
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, along with strategic insight and the ability to draw actionable and analysis insights from data
- Extensive project management experience
- Sound fact-based decision making; responsive and problem solving ability with a focus on delivering results
- Strong impact and influencing skills – can engage and motivate employees at all levels
Other Competency Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills: is able to effectively and persuasively articulate positions both verbally and in electronic mediums to various audiences including senior executives
- Courage to have difficult discussions with groups from all level of the organization
- Collaborates in a cross functional environment
- Demonstrated skill in change and stakeholder management
- Resilient after business set-backs, and demonstrates persistence in tough circumstances- engages and influences, even when facing significant challenges.
- Minimum Undergraduate degree with focus preferably in engineering or business
- Master’s Degree in Business (asset)
Working Location and Travel:
- 25-40% international travel required
- Location: Flexible
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.