Position Summary: Develops short term goals and a long term strategic plan to achieve continuous food safety and quality improvement within the internal functional area. Coaches, develops and supports Platform Quality Managers in the implementation of relevant QA processes and procedures. Responsible for supervision and direction of other professional employees directly or indirectly reporting to the position. Serves as the primary voice of Platform Quality to other functional groups within Conagra Brands. Responsible for logistics quality and national hold support.
- Works with Sr. Director to set priorities and communicate risks while providing direct oversight of plant activities in support of business objectives.
- Develops and executes 3-5 year strategic plan for continuous food safety and quality improvement within the scope of responsibility.
- Develops, tracks and reports key performance indicator (KPI) metrics within the scope of responsibility.
- Leads cross functional teams to assure effective implementation and adherence to QA initiatives and process improvement of our facilities.
- Identifies and resources development opportunities for direct and indirect reports.
- Designs and approves department processes and procedures.
- Studies data to understand trends and issues in order to make decisions related to product safety and quality in areas of assigned responsibility.
- Provides expertise to others in the organization on matters of a technical nature.
- Reviews risk of projects and constructively challenges cross-functionally when risk is excessive
- Influences at all levels within Conagra Brands to ensure adherence to the highest standards of food safety and quality.
- Interfaces with and appropriately engages the support of subject matter experts to assure regulatory compliance, food safety and quality.
- Interfaces with appropriate warehouse and transportation professionals within the company to ensure food safety and quality standards are maintained throughout the supply chain with focus on warehouse and transportation.
- Ensures early management tools are used for all new product start-ups.
- Functions at an autonomous level with minimal supervision.
- Collaborates with other functions to advance awareness and education of food safety and quality.
- Participates in EISS, RISS, and root cause events when a food safety or regulatory event occurs.
- Lead CPS and Continuous Improvement efforts for the assigned area of responsibility.
- Collaborate with product design to drive Quality Index improvements for assigned area of responsibility.
- Lead system improvement efforts for assigned area with regards to programs such as Infinity, Shop Floor Controls, Quality Index, etc...
- B.S. in Food, Meat, Biological or Chemical Science or related field required.
- Minimum of 10 years of industry experience QA, Operations or equivalent function required.
- Minimum of 5 years of Manufacturing experience in QA, Operations or equivalent function required.
- Experience in multi-plant responsibility required.
- Extensive knowledge of food safety, food manufacturing processes, technologies or other relevant area of responsibility.
- Experienced in use of continuous improvement tools and fundamentals.
- Relevant experience with government regulatory requirements in food processing.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of professionalism and personal integrity.
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time. Must be able to travel independently and as a responsible Conagra Brands representative.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great salaries, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off , flexible work-schedules
Conagra Brands is one of North America#39;s leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that#39;s passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender#39;s®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie#39;s® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke#39;s®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.