Do you have a passion for innovation? Do you enjoy thinking and working outside of the box? At Sabra we want to launch cutting edge plant-based dips and spreads, and we are looking for an R&D Director to lead that charge. This person will report into the Chief Technology Officer for Sabra and work as part of a cross functional New Ventures team to launch breakthrough and platform innovations in the world of fresh dips and spreads.
Feel Good Careers @ Sabra Dipping Company
Sabra started at a small factory in Astoria, New York, but we always knew we were onto something big. As a joint venture between Strauss Group and PepsiCo, we’ve grown to be the number one Hummus company in the world. If you have a real passion for food and think Hummus is as magical as we do, join our team.
We offer comprehensive benefits, a great company culture, and a diverse group of people who take ownership to create something awesome. We are committed to individuals ‘being at their best’ by bringing fresh ideas to the table and turning their passion for food into results that matter.
Dip into This Role
In this role you will:
- Manage a team of 3 – 5 creative individuals developing that group into a high performing R&D unit.
- Create a pipeline of ideas for new platforms and breakthrough innovations in the area of fresh dips and spreads, in conjunction with Marketing and Consumer Insights.
- Launch new platforms and breakthrough innovations in test markets, regional markets, and national launches with a cross functional team.
- Investigate and develop new technologies that can bring unique benefits to consumers and customers and elevate the food experiences for Sabra.
- Create and maintain a network of external resources including suppliers, contract manufacturers, research institutions, market research firms, product development firm, and other resources to supplement the internal team.
- Network with international partners to inspire their innovation pipelines and pull learnings from those areas that can be executed in the U.S.
- Inspire and elevate the innovation spirit within R&D and the entire Sabra team.
Recipe for Success:
To be successful, the candidate should exhibit:
- Technical depth and working knowledge of food science and product development with a track record of launching innovative products into the market place. Preference for fresh or refrigerated products.
- Strong project management skills. Preference for start-up experience or experience with test markets.
- Track record of innovative thinking and ability to pull inspiration from different disciplines.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Candidate must display strong leadership skills including above average ability to:
- Influence others
- Work in cross functional teams
- Communicate clearly – written and verbal
- Drive for alignment and decisions
- Provide courageous leadership
- Boldness in decision making
- Build a high-performance team
This position requires 8 - 10 years of experience in the commercialization of products in a consumer facing environment, and a Bachelor#39;s or Master’s degree in food science, nutrition, culinary or other related field. Up to 40% travel may be required.
We celebrate an inclusive environment and provide equal opportunity for development and advancement. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran or uniform service member, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and/or local law.