Large, well established bakery manufacturer is looking for an experienced Director of Sales Operations. Offering nice salary and benefits. Please see add#39;l. information below.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for creating organizational and program budgets in collaboration with Accounting. Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices. This position will also interact with other departments. Responsibilities:
- • Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- • Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency between Support Services (HR, IT and Finance)
- • Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- • Development of individual program budgets
- • Regular meetings with Executive Director around fiscal planning.
- • Supervise and coach sales manager and sales supervisors on a weekly basis.
Responsibilities by Function Financial Management
- • Direct annual budgeting and planning process for the organization#39;s annual budget
- • Develop and manage annual budget
- • Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization#39;s financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals. Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
- • Managing processing of accounts receivable and payable using reports as requested.
- • Assisting in creating annual organizational budget and monitoring cash flow.
- • Managing contracts submissions and renewals.
- • Ensure that Accounting Department requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties.
- • Develop long-range forecasts and maintain long-range financial plans.
- • Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- • Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
- • 5 Years experience in the baking industry and a background in bakery DSD.
- • Ability to delegate and maintain a strict adherence to supervisory accountability.
- • Must be fundamentally sound. Knowledgeable of the basics of sales development and route distribution.
- • Candidates must posses the leadership traits, intellect, and experience for upward mobility.
- • Strong background and work experience in Grocery/Food Service and Military distribution
- • Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, and outlook.
- • Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- • Knowledge of government contract management and +Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- • Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- • Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- • Budget development experience
- • A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- • Excels at operating in an fast pace, community environment
- • Excellent people manager, open to direction and +Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- • Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- • Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- • Persuasive with details and facts
- • Delegate responsibilities effectively
- • Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales and/or distribution of products.
- • Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties
- • Review sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement
- • Establish department goals, objectives and procedures established by the company.
- • Determine staffing requirements, interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
- • Monitor Sales departments efficiency and effectiveness though established budgeted goals.
- • Oversee activities directly related to providing services and sale programs
- • Determine goods and services to provided to customers, convey set prices and credit terms based on established forecasts
- • Direct activities such as sales promotions, coordinating with other department heads as required.