DAMASCUS BAKERIES / BROOKLYN BRED
Brooklyn, NY; Newark, New Jersey (1 mile from Newark Airport)
www.damascusbakery.com / www.brooklynbred.com
DAMASCUS BAKERIES is a 3rd Generation Bakery founded in 1930. We have two baking facilities: Brooklyn, New York, our history; Newark, NJ, our coprorate offices and R&D center. We will be expanding into a third baking facility in Clifton, New Jersey. Since 1930, we have been baking Pitas, Lavash, Wraps, and Flatbreads.
BROOKLYN BRED is the Brand Name for many of our retail products, including our award winning Pizza Crusts and sandwich Bistro Buns.
We have a very strong- and even historic- presence in the Metro New York market. Since 2000, we have expanded our capacity and distribution to the National Market, supplying and partnering with many of America#39;s top QSR#39;s, Casual Dining Restuarants, Food Service Establishments, Retail, Club and Natural Stores, Institutions, Distributors, and other Bakeries. For many of our customers, we have been the Flatbread Partner that has helped to create some of America#39;s most exciting, and delicious, sandwiches and pizzas.
We are an SQF Level 3 company that currently employs almost 300 people, some who have been with us for more than 40 years. We are a company that thrives to "Bake a Difference and Make a Difference" for its customers, suppliers, communities and employees. For the past two consecutive years we have been named "One of the 100 Best Companies to Work" in New Jersey.
We are seeking a seasoned, self-directed, dynamic, #39;thinker & doer" to create the role of:
DIRECTOR, National Food Service Sales:
Responsibilities will include:
- Reporting directly to the Principals of the Company;
- Building of a Food Service Sales team;
- Create relationships with Culinary and Purchasing Teams at QSR#39;s, Casual Dining, Instaitutions, and other Food Service establishments;
- Create channels with Broadline Distributors;
- Partner with our Marketing Groups to assist in Brand Engagement;
- Should have Culianry Applications knowledge;
- Must be accountable to #39;Close Deals#39;;
- Must understand Busienss Economics, especially as it pertains to a privately owned company;
- Food Show participation;
- Travel 25% of time;
- Must live or be willing to re-locate to the New Jersey/NYC area;
All RESUMES with references should be emailed.