Daisyfield Brand is looking for an aggressive, visionary, and dedicated Director of Sales that can thrive sales for fresh pork products and further processed protein products. We are looking for a sales executive that can collaborate and engage with business partners and customers and develop a sales team. With over 100 years in business Routh Packing Co. is the largest scale hog producer in the state of Ohio and acquired in 2020 by H.K. Holdings. Our new vision comes with expansion of business categories and great potential for development.
- Responsible for managing the overall product portfolio.
- Proactively create new selling opportunities specifically focused on accounts.
- Develop effective retail pull-thru marketing programs to support the needs specifically of key leverage retailers.
- Collaborates with sales teams on new product requests.
- Profitable execution and leadership of annual Business Plan objectives. This will include:
- Overall account management and focus on Priority platform placements.
- Solid direction and leadership to Broker Partners on objectives and profitability expectations.
- Attainment of the annual sales goals and objectives.
- Accurate and timely weekly sales reporting, focused on profitable growth with customers, brokers and marketplace information.
- Responsible for presenting any spec changes or new product requests.
- Collaborate and align with Operations/FSQA teams on product specifications for assigned categories.
- Responsible for driving margin results that exceed the plan.
- Collaborate with sales team to establish a trade up strategy to drive margin improvement.
- Monitor unsold frozen inventory build plans and track against target.
- Responsible for evaluating short term unsold inventory and providing direction to the sales team.
- Responsible for identifying and communicating service level challenges and developing action plan.
- Directs scheduling of products to supports sales and optimal production
- Interpret market data and utilize Fresh Pork Sales Team to understand market trends.
- Responsible for providing pricing guides for all formula and program opportunities (RFP’s)
- Collaborate with sales team on identifying annual sales objectives that support margin growth.
- Complete quarterly reforecasts for assigned areas and communicate to leadership on margin outlook and what is driving results.
KNOWLEDEGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in protein sales
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence outside of direct area of responsibility
- Solid proficiency of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Teams)
- Travel as required
- Position is based in Sandusky, Ohio.
Leads through positive influence. Manages as one-team; demonstrates strong character and role models qualities such as motivation, inspiration, good judgment, and trust. Our leaders will ensure values of fairness, dignity and respect are always met. Executes with Excellence, action driven results oriented; always chooses product quality and food safety to ensure a wholesome product to the customer. Can be counted on consistently to meet or exceeds goals. Provides clear and strategic direction to his/her team and business partners.