Accountable for the development and management a team of customer experts who understand the customer#39;s needs/problems and effectively utilize the appropriate DFA resources to profitably meet those needs/solve those problems. Accountable for the development, growth, and management of DFA sales team and DFA customer accounts across Ingredient Solutions. Guide and manage the sales function and any aspect, including tactical activities, of DFA that relates to customer accounts to optimize profitability and operational efficiency. Accountable for business processes, team development and management of sales metrics to ensure success. Build new relationships and develop business based on customer needs and market trends in the industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide, manage and develop the food manufacturing sales team
- Identify and develop up-and-coming talent on the sales team and in the organization to ensure a robust internal talent pool for future opportunities.
- Ensure superb sales training process for onboarding new sales team members and developing current team
- Teach and utilize a "solutions selling" approach drawing from organizational strengths and capabilities:
- Determine customer needs, problems, insights, and strategy that would ultimately require a DFA solution
- Identify, clearly outline, and present the opportunity details including short- and long-term value to DFA
- Influence the cross-functional DFA team to "solve for yes"
- Drive opportunities to commercialization internally, and most critically, "close" with the customer
- Personally lead & manage sales efforts with select assigned strategic & key customers
- Maximize the use of CRM (Salesforce.com) as a tool to manage customer pipelines and track customer activity demonstrating high levels of service and organization to the customer. Ultimately, leading to faster speed-to-market on winning new business.
- Manage sales metrics of the team and ensure the metrics are met for overall success of the product categories and business unit
- Drive volume and margin results to enable achievement of divisional financial targets
- Ensure team performs variance analysis of actual results against expected results and act to address gaps in performance w/ team members
- Continuously improve the customer mix by working with the sales team to develop existing customers and determining new customer targets based on segmentation criteria.
- Learn DFA systems to ensure self-sufficiency in creating, managing, and reporting to leadership
- Pro-actively defend current business by working toward long-term strategic agreements on core business
- Learn and apply strong knowledge of the DFA#39;s capabilities -- including understanding the functional and technical aspects of the products and how DFA#39;s capabilities differentiate us from others in the industry
- Foster customer relationships at various organizational levels across multiple functions (R&D, Marketing, Purchasing, QA, Operations) and facilitate the growth of customer counterpart relationships within DFA
- Listen to customers to learn their future needs and anticipate new areas of business development for DFA:
- Identify new markets and the need for new products; initiate action plans to increase share of market with existing and new accounts
- Provide innovative ideas to customers by understanding their brands, platforms and strategies
- Continually develop a value-added sales pipeline that will enhance company returns
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Work closely with Sales Operations to provide exceptional customer care through the entire sales cycle.
- Work with urgency to resolve customer issues and problems in a transparent manner with DFA cross-functional stakeholders. Elevate and help resolve gaps within DFA systems/processes to continue to improve overall effectiveness.
- Work with cross-functional partners on continuously improving customer forecast accuracy
- Ensure the sales team follows the CRM process (account/regional planning, pre-call, post-call (insights gathering, etc.), opportunity pipeline, execute, close, report). Influence the cross-functional team to streamline processes and broaden capabilities by demonstrating the value through customer opportunities
- Assist in developing, recommending, and helping implement annual sales strategies for the various product lines in conjunction with optimization and marketing teams
- Provide strategic and tactical direction from customer feedback and market intelligence
- Assist in strategic planning to maximize opportunities with DFA Dairy Ingredients relative to competitors, market conditions, customer situation, and our internal position
The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.