WHO WE ARE
Baldwin Richardson Foods, Co. is global manufacturer of custom food and beverage ingredients and one of the largest African-American family-owned and-operated businesses in the food industry. The Company has strong supply relationships with some of the world’s largest Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) and Food Service customers. Iconic, global food brands entrust Baldwin Richardson Foods as their partner to deliver the highest quality products that exceed industry standards. The Company also manufactures and markets Mrs. Richardson’s Ice Cream Toppings and Nance’s Mustards and Condiments. Baldwin Richardson Foods is located in Oakbrook Terrace and Westmont, Illinois, where this position resides.
WHAT WE NEED
The Director of Sales will reside in the Chicago market and define the sales strategy and business development initiatives for Baldwin Richardson Foods. The Director will work collaboratively with the Director of Marketing & Strategy, Director of Innovation, Culinary Team and Finance Team to develop both qualitative and quantitative sales targets that align with overall business goals and objectives. Responsibilities will include building customer relationships and providing strategic direction to the company in order to grow profitably. The Director will consistently monitor and strive to improve the performance and effectiveness of the sales function, while transforming the customer experience and enhancing the company’s reputation in the industry.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work closely with management team to define sales strategy, develop strategic growth initiatives and implement tactical sales plans for continued growth of the company.
- Proactively research and identify new markets while working with Marketing and Culinary teams to develop additional growth opportunities.
- Responsible for management of the sales team.
- Set sales targets for the sales team in line with business sector strategy.
- Establish and monitor the sales team activity KPI’s to achieve results.
- Report results and new business wins monthly to the management team.
- Lead weekly/monthly pipeline review meetings to drive accountability and accelerate the volume of opportunities converted to wins.
- Develop transactional and consultative sales skills to effectively sell and grow entire portfolio of Baldwin products.
- Manage the overall commercial activities of the sale team including proposal development and submission, client contract terms, conditions review and pricing strategy.
- Meet with current customers and future prospects to identify new business opportunities that align with BRF’s business goals and objectives.
- Maintain and grow customers profitably.
- Work cross functionally with production planning to ensure BRF has capacity for new business opportunities.
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- 10 years of sales experience with demonstrated track record of over-achievement.
- Experienced leader/manager with prior success coaching and developing a sales team.
- MUST HAVE Experienced in Food/Manufacturing industries.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Proven ability to develop and initiate strategies for revenue and customer growth as well as expense control
- Knowledge/expertise of the Food Industry and leading key market trends.
- Solid business acumen.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including making presentations to customers as well as upper management.
- Ability to create moderately complex spreadsheets, evidenced by ability to create and edit charts, filter and sort lists, format and link data; as well as the ability to enter and edit complex formulas, filter lists, sort ranges, create and run macros, and use data analysis tools (pivot tables, scenarios, etc.)
- Advanced PowerPoint skills as evidenced by the ability to create a polished presentation utilizing PowerPoint features and functionality.
Baldwin Richardson Foods offers a generous benefits package, including low premium and out-of-pocket medical/dental/vision costs, vacation, sick, 401k with company match, birthdays off, designated holidays and floating holidays.
Read more about who we are at www.brfoods.com or www.linkedin.com/company/baldwin-richardson-foods