Our client is a supplier of chemicals and ingredients used in a wide variety of industries. We are looking to hire a successful, professional, intelligent, and motivated Director of Sales with a background in food ingredients (for beverages, snacks, confections, bakery, meat/seafood/poultry) or industrial chemicals (solvents, resins, and related products).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage 5 to 10 sales professionals with various levels of experience
- Mentor, motivate, and train the sales professionals as needed
- Travel with the sales reps to visit accounts as needed
- Develop, implement, and analyze sales programs, and make necessary adjustments as required.
- Establish and implement employee-specific and product line-specific goals.
- Perform periodic personnel reviews with sales representatives to assess progress towards sales and sales activity goals.
- Make recommendations to President on sales staffing needs.
- Understands and supports established sales policies and procedures to ensure sales personnel provide proper and effective treatment to customers.
- Applies knowledge of company products and services to assist sales representatives with providing quality customer service.
- Attend association shows and exhibits to explore new opportunities and expansion of business
- Develops and maintains an effective sales department through the selection, training, motivation, termination, and review of outside and inside sales and marketing staff.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years experience working in the chemical industry and/or food ingredient business
- A minimum of 5 years managing a team of 5 to 20 full time salespeople (direct reports)
- Excellent written, verbal, and group communication skills.
- Collaborative, problem solving, good communication and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented and multitasking is a must.
- Complete computer skills required (Microsoft Office, etc).
We offer a competitive base salary, annual bonus, and car allowance along with a generous host of benefits.