Position is based out of coprorate office: Miami, FL
At Manzo Food Brokers, we represent companies that are nationally recognized in the food industry as supplying only the highest quality food products.
We are seeking a Director of Retail Sales with experience specific to the grocery and CPG industry. Whose responsibility will be to call on corporate level accounts and deliver excellent service to our customers. All while representing our company, our principals, and maximizing the customer’s retail experience through the development and daily management of competitive plans across all store segments. Someone who will work with our partners on in store plan-o-grams, new item placement, void corrections, and special activities for our team to participate in.
The primary job function is to foster relationships and grow sales with existing customers while finding new opportunities in the market. The individual will need to have experience working directly with the buyers of large grocery chains. In addition, we are seeking an individual with leadership skills. Someone with the ability to initiate/manage cross-functional teams and multi-disciplinary projects.
Ideal candidate will possess strong initiative, accountability, and is driven to succeed. Must enjoy working with people and genuinely be interested in selling.
We are looking for someone who...
- Has Retail/Grocery sales experience in the food industry.
- Will be responsible for direct communication with the our customers corporate offices to meet planned targets, objectives, promotional execution, and activity.
- Develops, plans, and executes major launches via public relations and/or event plans.
- Provides communication and training materials as needed on all features, benefits, and merchandising concepts of products.
- Fosters and oversees strong relationships with key vendors to ensure partnerships that deliver strong product and financial results that reduce costs, increase margin, special terms, discounts, allowances and payment dating in all appropriate opportunities.
- Will need to monitor and help Implement plan-o-grams, new item placement, void corrections, and special merchandising activity.
- Is an experienced team leader. Has great management skills. Develops talent for category leadership; additionally, mentor/develop team, and provide feedback to those sharing category expertise based on competitive analysis. Is able to influence, lead, and delegate the merchandising team.
- Attends vendor meetings and tradeshows presentations to identify sales opportunities through new products, trends and competitive strategies.
- Has the ability to develop and implement a sales action plan with objectives and strategies to increase revenue and build upon business.
- Must be able to plan and execute an inventory strategy and sales presentations for new launches; directs the training and selling requirements.
- Will be responsible for hiring, training, and working with merchandising team.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience calling on Retail/Grocery Sales - calling on super market corporate offices in a sales capacity. Preferable experience will include calling on Publix and South Eastern Grocers.
- Be committed to excellence and high standards.
- Result oriented: Ability to achieve the target within given time.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Planning and organizing – Organizational abilities.
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Computer proficient in Word/Excel/Outlook.
- Understands and can facilitate go to market strategies such as Promotions/Programs/Demos.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs
- Must be willing and able to work in cold environmental conditions ( i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections of retail stores)
- Full Time position
- Competitive base pay in line with industry standards
- Paid Vacation
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance coverage available
- 401K with company match
- Bonus Opportunities