JOB TITLE: Director of Product Development
SUMMARY: The Director of Product Development is responsible for managing the St. Clair Foods Product Development Department. This position works closely with the Sales Department to develop, research, and prepare recipes of deli salads and kettle cooked foods.
DEPARTMENT: Research and Development/Product Development
REPORTS TO: CEO
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop formulations of deli salads and kettle cooked side dishes.
- Research, create, and write recipes.
- Improve our product quality using knowledge of food ingredients, bases, stabilizers, starches etc.
- Lead continuing internal product quality review program for current formulas and manage market based consumer feedback.
- Develop product labels using Genesis Nutritional Database and knowledge of latest FDA and USDA requirements.
- Supervise the scale-up of new products that go live (from bench-top to production).
- Manage customer requests for new and existing products and work with customer’s R&D staff.
- Manage Vendor samples, new ingredients, and specification sheets.
- Manage internal requests for current product material and info.
- Work with our sales team for customer recipe development, sampling, product handling, training and any other Product Development related business.
- Manage Product Development calendar and deadlines.
- Assist Sales Team and CEO as needed.
- Manage recipe folders and filing for all new and existing recipes. Computer skills are essential, to organize, maintain, and control all of our formulas both on paper and in a database.
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience in the deli salad industry is a top priority. Experience in the kettle-cooked foods industry is also a top priority. Candidates must have a Bachelor of Science or Art from a four-year college or university, or at least 2 years of experience of Product development in a food-related business. Candidates must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and make written reports and should have basic computer skills: word processing, spreadsheet and Outlook.