Rich s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $3.8 billion, Rich s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich s Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
The Director of Planning and Optimization will provide high level strategic support to both the Planning and Supply Chain Analytics and Optimization functions. This role will require a strong technical background in Supply Chain concepts and demonstrated ability to exhibit leadership capabilities. As a change agent, your understanding and anticipating the needs of the business and challenging the status quo.
For Planning - Oversees the demand & supply planning and overall demand fulfillment processes, including the management of the finished goods and raw material inventory investments & strategies, the creation of demand projections, and the development of production requirements, capacity planning, and fulfillment planning activities.
For Analytics & Optimization - Orchestrate strategic network design analysis requirements, including the analysis & recommendation of alternatives for both transformational and incremental network improvement initiatives in alignment with our short- and long-term strategic plans. Position will work directly with senior leaders from Supply Chain, Customer Service and Logistcs, Procurement, as well as Category Business Unit leaders to align our network requirements to deliver strategic capability, cost, and performance objectives. This role will partner with functional leaders to coordinate the analytic activity within all Supply Chain functions.
- Provide strategic leadership to the product planning organization to drive optimization of the raw material and finished goods inventory investment.
- Manages the planning & demand fulfillment processes in support of Integrated Business Planning (IBP) processes and in alignment with USC Canada Region business strategy
- Links with Sales, Marketing, Operations, Distribution, Customer Service, and R&D to collaborate in the development of plans to efficiently and effectively meet customer demand
- Drives capability & competency enhancement of planning organization through coaching & training to support decentralized decision making and process management efficiency
- Manages the advanced Planning System application, performance, and associate competency
- Evaluates & maintains Planning system tools, technology, processes, and associate capabilities and drives recommendation of investments in enhancements
- Manages departmental budget
- Fosters Learning and Development of planning managers and associates
Analytics & Optimization
- Build & maintain organizational competencies in Supply Chain Analytic capabilities in the areas of network design and modeling
- Ensure modeling simulation and scenario analysis is a routine, automated activity, resulting in better, quicker fact-based decisions.
- Lead and develop a team of SC analysts to evaluate, identify, and recommend changes to our SC network, customer order management, and Finished Goods & Raw Material inventory management to drive annual SC cost reductions, cost control, or improved performance.
- Develop & provide analytic solutions to all CS&L functions to drive process efficiency & performance, process standardization, and improve associate decision making.
- Accountable to manage all major customer efficiency initiatives requiring development of a strategy to prioritize and engage other CS&L support, supporting the Rich Experience
- Accountable for supervising the objective analysis of Finished Goods and Raw Material management practices and for creating & assessing adherence to best practice model objectives utilizing IQR and MRP toolsets
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- 12+ years logistics experience
- Strong technical skillset with competency in Advanced Planning Systems, Network Modeling tools and Data Management tool sets.
- Knowledge of Integrated Business Planning principles
- Demonstrated planning, organizing, analytical, and managing skills
- Effective conflict resolution and facilitation skills
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and career development skills
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, understanding and applying industry best practices for Demand & Supply Planning.
- Strong strategic end to end mindset and systems thinking skills
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates ( Rich s ), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich s. Please contact Rich s Human Resources department at asc rich.comif you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.