Natalie's Orchid Island Juice Company is adding on another Director of Operations to assist in facilitating our growth which entails change and innovative thinking.
The appropriate candidate must have a proven track record of managing multiple departments and buildings, including Production, Warehouse/Distribution, Maintenance, Fleet Maintenance and Shipping Operations.
The successful candidate will be high energy, detail oriented and hands-on. A strong background in Food or Beverage manufacturing preferred.
We currently are running three different shifts. Some nights, weekend and Holiday oversight may be required based on seasonal production schedule.
We have recently purchased additional production capacity due to volume demand and will be altering some of our shifts. Candidates must be capable of handling change in facilities and schedules. Experience developing and bringing on new product lines is beneficial.
Oversight and Direction see below - but not limited to
- Manages the daily Production activities to include Fruit Receiving, Grading, Squeezing, Bottling, Packaging and Warehouse.
- Responsible for enforcement of GMP policy for both employees and contractors
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of Company Safety Program and ensures compliance to Local, State and Federal Safety Regulations and codes
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of company Standard Sanitation Operation Procedures
- Provides technical assistance to other departments as required
- Ensures employee training on all Production, Safety, Food Safety and Quality Assurance related programs including HACCP, GMP’s, GLP’s, SOP’s and SSOP’s is executed according to established training schedules
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- HACCP Certification Preferred
- Familiarity with FDA and USDA regulations
- A working knowledge of the implementation and maintenance of Food Safety and Quality Systems Programs including SQF, BRC, GFSI and other 3rd party auditing requirements.
Required Working Condition
- Ability to work extended shifts and flexible schedules including nights, weekends and Holidays.
- Ability to perform physical work including standing and/or walking for periods in excess of 8 hours; ability to climb, bend, reach, push, pull, kneel, stoop, twist or lift up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to work in a production environment which includes working in wet areas; areas with extreme temperatures (<20 F to >90F); exposure to moving equipment and forklift traffic; working with and around processing and/or sanitation chemicals.
- Our ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of previous experience
- Juice HACCP
The company is also building its succession team. This team of executives will be capable of running the company with the first and second generation of family members. Please note that it could be difficult for some executives from large corporate to assimilate to medium size family business. For the right person there are challenges as well as benefits to enduring the change.
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, 401K with company match, paid vacation and bonus potential.
Please send me your resume.
Marygrace Sexton, CEO