We are doing a search for a Director of Operations. This is a role in the food industry.
Great company with a reputation for excellence! Also, growing and expanding with a great culture and great people. This is an opportunity to be a part of the Senior Leadership team and see tangible results every day.
Lead, direct, and coordinate overall plant Operations, achieving organizational objectives while ensuring cost effectiveness, timeliness, and accuracy of processing as well as high product quality and workplace safety. Reflect and reinforce the company culture. Support the objectives and initiatives of the company strategy outlined by the leadership team
- Serve as a role model, teacher, and mentor regarding safety, food safety, quality, leadership, teamwork, accountability, innovation, stewardship, collaboration, and integrity to drive forward company culture with all employees.
- Directly manage the Production Manager and Maintenance Manager; Indirectly manage 6 supervisors and approximately 70 operators/lead operators/technicians within our Production and Maintenance Departments (approximately 70% of our total employee population) covering 3 shifts, 24 hours per day for 5.5 days per week.
- Strategically drive efforts to increase production and quality, reduce costs, overcome challenges, monitor progress, and report results. Instill a work ethic of continuous improvement, and direct operations to achieve company goals.
- Actively serve as a member of the Transition Team (leadership body) of the company to set priorities and strategies for the organization.
- Remain current with Production and Maintenance standards to ensure plant is compliant with local and federal laws and industry best practices.
- Collaborate with support departments of Safety, Quality & Food Safety, Shipping & Receiving, Purchasing/Procurement, Engineering, Customer Service, Research and Development, and Human Resources who report to a peer director. In particular, in our highly-innovative environment, partner with Engineering to oversee start-up of new manufacturing processes and partner with R&D and Sales to oversee scale-up and full production of new product lines.
- Consistently guide Operations supervisory staff to adhere to and enforce company policies and coach them to engage, motivate, and educate hourly staff members.
- 15 years of experience in Production, Maintenance or Operations, preferably 5+ years in manager or director role while directing managers and supervisors
- Proven history of transforming performance and culture of a large production area or facility
- Team-oriented, collaborative personality.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Well-developed sense of personal initiative.
- Natural problem-solver.