Location: Richmond, VA
Salary: 160-185K plus generous bonus and possible LTIP
Description: Our client, a very stable, highly successful food manufacturing company who focuses on growth and innovation, is currently seeking a Director of Marketing. Long proven history! Very strong culture with one of the most trusted names in premium brands creating products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe
This position will call on your analytical, innovation, creative and strategic skills to expand and grow one of their top portfolios. You will be responsible for innovation and renovation activities (including stage gate management) and marketing plans on a business with significant untapped growth potential. This role collaborates closely with R&D, Consumer Insights, Finance, Sales, Trade, and Operations. This role has 1-3 direct reports and reports into the Vice President Marketing. The position will be based at Corporate Headquarters in the VA/MD/DC area.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and deployment of strategies and tactical plans that align with company#39;s overarching strategic plan and deliver against brand objectives.
- Deliver monthly business performance reviews, analyzing and reporting on business results across consumption and shipments, then actioning plans where indicated to drive performance
- Advance innovation pipeline, ensuring key initiatives are moving forward on or ahead of schedule Identify quality improvement and renovation opportunities to strengthen brand performance vs competition
- Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing programs and make recommendations for improvements Work closely with key members of sales and trade teams to advance the brand and category in store Cultivate a collaborative of impassioned cross-functional partners
- Partner with broader marketing team to drive integrated campaigns that strengthen their brands
Minimum Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required – preferably in Marketing or related field. MBA a strong plus
- 8-10 years of experience in the CPG industry building great brands (Fortune 500 companies); no job hoppers please
- Experience directing complex projects involving varied stakeholders and cross-functional teams, with a proven ability to execute with excellence
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to convey ideas and information clearly, concisely and persuasively
- Passion for food, innovation, the consumer, and their brands!