Dakota Specialty Milling is one of the largest suppliers of custom-milled and whole grain blends in North America. Founded in 1969, Dakota Specialty Milling is a family-owned specialty grain miller and is built on the philosophy that bakers everywhere deserve consistent product performance. Dakota Specialty Milling is an SQF certified food production facility offering a highly competitive salary and a full benefits package.
The Director of Operations is responsible for the efficient operation of the company’s milling, blending and toasting operations. Responsibilities include project management, process management, scheduling, and inventory control
- Responsible for the efficient operation of company grain milling, blending, and toasting lines. Meeting or exceeding goals for productivity, quality, food safety and worker safety.
- Provides leadership and guidance for their direct reports.
- Execute the production schedule established in cooperation with the Production Planning Manager.
- Execute all maintenance and repairs with Maintenance and Engineering Manager.
- Identify capital improvement projects and assist Maintenance and Engineering Manager in the successful design, construction and commissioning of these projects.
- Support inventory control personnel in assuring accurate inventories
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for food safety and will cover for key personnel (including Production Planning Manager, Maintenance Manager, and Production Managers) to ensure the safety of company food products.
- Support and direct subordinates in maintaining food safety fundamentals and the SQF System.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in milling technology.
- Familiar with Buhler milling, flaking and grain cleaning equipment
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in commercial grain milling (wheat milling preferred).
- Six-Sigma Lean Manufacturing Certificate.