The Director of Information Technology requires the ability to manage business and/or IT solutions to complex business and process issues. This position is responsible for developing creative and innovative solutions and driving execution from initiation to completion. This role must work cross-functionally and effectively with partners from all divisions of the business as well as vertically with the senior management and FSNS team.
This position will develop project plans and oversee implementation of various network development projects. This position will work closely with all key areas of the corporate team including, but not limited to the following: Operations, Technology / Scientific Management, Finance, Human Resources, Sales, Marketing and Customer Service. This position will also interface with external entities, customers and partners.
- Oversee a system with 750 users with rapid growth and expansion ensuring continuously satisfactory systems performance and delivering outstanding service and support response and resolution times.
- Lead efforts to define, analyze and implement technical and functional improvements to support high-rate growth of services. This includes infrastructure development, support and application functionality, and integration.Lead the process of establishing the scope of projects, business and technology analysis, development, and testing requirements throughout systems lifecycle.Collaboration to produce business-focused architecture and solution design with technologies including computing, web servers, web infrastructure and applications, storage, content management, networking, and security.
- Manage and drive accountability for all projects and services including delivery, performance, and functionality.
- Lead the development and installation of required software solutions.
- Manage all equipment and operations for servers, data lines and telecommunication.
- Maintain a solid technical background including experiences in hands-on technical roles in systems/network administration and/or software development to stay current with leading edge and emerging technologies.
- Direct the process necessary to keep company website up to date.
- Interface with internal and external leaders in problem solving and recommending technical alternatives and appropriate actions.
- Coordinate the activities of IT staff to meet demanding schedules, effectively utilizing resources to meet production and project needs.
- Supervise staff, directing work assignments, and initiating personnel actions, including hiring, disciplinary actions, salary, performance goals and reviews.
- Coordinate on-call responsibilities and responses to emergency production issues; resolve conflicting demands from users for service.
- Oversee the security of the company network, including intrusion, detection and prevention solutions.
- Maintain a disaster recovery plan.
- Direct resources to meet department budget.
- Manage external help desk.
- Establish, review and revise operating procedures as required.
- Direct the operations of infrastructure development, support and application functionality and integration.
This position has supervisory responsibilities. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization#39;s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.