Market leading food manufacturer looking for an experienced Director of Engineering. Offering nice salary and excellent benefits.
Please see below for job description and requirements to be considered.
Director of Engineering
Expert engineer in multiple waste water and building system disciplines. Develops internal team of subject matter experts in building utilizes. Originates or approves designs and coordinates engineering projects, evaluates results, and makes recommendations to senior management. Develops and modifies utility process design standards, methods, and controls to meet business needs. Reviews product requirements to insure building utility compatibility, determines costs and schedules. Leads major segments of complex projects to meet cost schedule, and performance. Develops 3rd party engineering partners to support business needs.
Recognized inside and outside the company as a technical authority on waste water, environmental engineering, building utility systems (boiler and steam systems, compressed air, utility piping, lighting, alternative energy solutions).
Leads and develops team of engineers responsible for 40+ manufacturing plants across the enterprise.
Leads engineering sustainability program.
Provides technical leadership to identify and develop key strategies, programs, and projects to build technical capability, increase system reliability, and deliver the highest value business benefit to the company.
Utilizes strong communication and leadership skills to be influential across the organization at a platform, business, or enterprise level.
Partners with cross functional teams to review business requirements to determine and develop optimized technical solutions to meet the business needs.
- Develops internal subject matter experts by mentoring and building technical capability in HQ and facility based team of Utility Engineers.
- Works with Project Engineering and other stakeholder groups to identify, develop, and rollout key technical strategies / programs that bring competitive advantage and value.
- Utilizes technology as a lever to increase competitiveness and improve food safety, quality improvement, and manufacturing cost reductions.
- Leads internal and external teams to interpret and translate regulations into programs, policies, or objectives.
- Creates standardization of equipment and procedures and replicates these across the enterprise.
- Provides technical leadership on cross functional teams to develop high value technical solutions to provide the optimal business results.
- Partners with Research and Development and the Supply Chain early in a project’s lifecycle to evaluate multiple scenarios that meet multiple stakeholder requirements.
- Develops[SJ(F1] Front-End-Loading packages (FEL’s) that are complete, clear, concise, and reflect thorough due diligence to ensure project success. FEL packages include, but are not limited to: Technology assessment and recommended solutions reflecting plant, company, and industry best-in-class practices; Physical location and general arrangement placements (drawing level); Infrastructure requirements and needs assessment; Preliminary Capital / Expense Estimates; Works with the Engineering Project Manager to determine a design schedule that meets that overall project schedule requirements; Equipment / System Performance criteria; Identification of Alternatives, Pre-requisites, Risks, and Opportunities; Writes detailed functional control descriptions for the unit operations and processing systems recommended by the Engineer.
- Performs reviews of FEL packages or equivalent for accuracy, completeness, and operational effectiveness.
- Develops rough order of magnitude estimates to give the business a directional early view of a project and the robustness of the business case.
- Keeps current with latest technology, commercial applications, industry regulations and codes
- Proven servant leadership qualities, team development, communication skills, technical analysis and problem solving.
- 15+ years of practical experience in the food, pet food, nutraceutical, and beverage industry with expertise in wastewater, utility design, operation, and management.
- Recognition as SME outside of the company via a leadership position in an industry or standards organization.
- BS or MS degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, P.E. preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Project Engineering and Project Execution in the utility space.
- High level of proficiency in continuous improvement applications in engineering design.
- Proven effectiveness in working collaboratively within a matrix organization.
- Position based in Chicago IL, Omaha NE, or select field locations.