The Director of Category Management is responsible for understanding the competitive landscape of the cookie products through analysis of our competitors and grocery retailers. Through research and analysis, of quantitative and qualitative data this position will identify areas of business opportunities and improvement for the Voortman’s portfolio of cookies and wafers within the grocery channel. This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Category Management.
• Lead the development, implementation & achievement of strategies & key objectives for the Voortman’s brand portfolio and cookie category in the grocery channel.
• Analyze data using syndicated data sources inclusive of Nielsen and IRI to identify opportunities that inform business strategy, in order to enable successful integration of the business and continuously improve the growth of the brand.
• Provide support and analysis to internal teams during business reviews, competitive reviews, sales meetings and internal strategy discussions.
• Identify category & shopper ‘Problems-to-Solve’, develop corresponding insight-based solutions and leading the implementation efforts to achieve results.
• Build effective customer relationships by serving as a trusted business partner for our grocery retail customers.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• MBA or Master’s in Marketing or Business Preferred
• 7+ Years relevant experience in Sales, Marketing, and leadership.
• 5+ Years of Category Management, inclusive of Syndicated data experience (Nielsen or IRI)
• CPG Food/snacking experience preferred
• Strong leadership skills & ability to think strategically
• Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
• Extensive communication & presentation skills
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, and encourage minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.